Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, October 1, 2010

Meet Nick

Nicholas brought this getting-to-know-you booklet home from school earlier this week.  I loved it and just had to share ...


 Meet Nick
(I think those are pictures of footballs.)

 Hi, my name is Nick
(I think he's holding a football.)

 I am in second grade at ????? Elementary.
(Yes, I blocked out the name of his school - you understand.)

 My family plays a lot.
(I think the big green stick person is throwing a ball and the other little yellow person with the crazy eyebrows and super long arms is holding a bat?)  :)

 My friends and i love football.
(Can you tell we are Steelers fans?  All that black and gold going on.)

 I like to tackel to get the ball.
No explanation needed, eh?

I am special because I can do a back flip and twist my neck at the same time.


That makes me laugh out loud every time I read it.  


So I asked Nick, "Can you really do a back flip and twist your neck at the same time?"  He said, "Yeah, mom.  I really can."  So I asked him to show me.  He got the cat-that-ate-the-canary look on his face, looked around the living room and said, "There's not enough room in here for me to do it."


Uh huh.


"Okay," I said, "then let's go outside.  I would like to see you do this amazing feat."


He had a panicky look for a moment, then told me that it had rained all day and the ground was wet and it was cold out and he couldn't do it under those conditions.


To which I replied, "Your eyes are brown."  


:)

1 comment:

Laura said...

hahaha! That's a great story! My mom saved a few things I did like this back in the day and it's always fun to look back.