Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Winner Is ...

First of all ... I'm sick.


There.  I said it.


I hate being sick.  Whether it is just a cold or whatever.  I hate it.


I hate Nyquil.  I hate not feeling like doing anything.  I hate coughing my head off.


Hate it.


So I talked to Doug last night about going on our annual Farm Tour trip.  It is always the first Saturday in October.  We started going when Keira was three and we've gone almost every year since.  The kids really enjoy it and it is fun to see them having so much fun.


We usually get to pet some farm animals and go on a hay ride.  Last year we got to sample some deep fried turkey from the turkey farm that we ride bikes past on the trail.  It was yummy.  One year there were little mini tractors that the kids could pedal around on.  And there is always fun stuff for the kids to do.


Anyway, I slept until 9:30 this morning, got up because I had to pee really bad, and told Doug that I wasn't going to be able to go on the tour, but he should go ahead if he wanted to.  I didn't really know if he would take the kids or if he would just go to work early, which was what his original plans were for today.


But then I heard everyone scurrying around downstairs, getting old shoes on, grabbing bottled water and warm jackets, and heading out the door.  So I got out of bed to say goodbye.  I gave Doug the map and info on the Farm Tour and the pocket camera.  I asked him to please please please take pictures for me.  Or let Keira take some.  Or Nick.  Or all of the above.


So they left.  


And then I remembered Alex was supposed to pull the name of my giveaway winner.  But he's not here.  He's Farm Touring with Daddy.  And I didn't want to wait until they got home because, frankly, I might forget by then.  So I wrote all the names on pieces of paper and threw them in a basket.  And here's the name I pulled out ...




My good real-life friend, Laura, is the winner!  She writes over at Life Happens and Girl Talk.  Here's what she wrote about her strangest gift ...


Laura said...

I'm going to have to go with kitchen utensils. This may not seem like it is that strange but anyone who truly knows me would not walk through a store and look at the kitchen utensils and think "Hey. Now that would be a GREAT gift for Laura!" (I hate cooking... and the kitchen in general.)
So there you have it.  Laura, let me know if you want a Target or a Walmart gift card and I'll get it out to you right away.  Well, as soon as I feel well enough to go buy it.  :)  Which will hopefully be soon.  I don't like being a couch potato.

Now I'm going to take advantage of no one being here and go soak in the tub for a bit.  I never get to do that anymore.

Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Laura said...

Woo hoo!!! It feels like Christmas here! hahah. First time winning a giveaway. :) Thanks so much! Umm... make it Walmart please.

Bummer that you still aren't feeling well. :( Jason has a nasty runny nose. Hoping it stops there.

Ran in to your family at the bird farm as we were leaving. That was really great of Doug to pack them up and head out! Hope you are at least able to enjoy the peace and quiet for a while.

Anonymous said...

I hope that you feel better soon! I don't like being sick either, it's the worst. Nyquil is the worst too, personally the only thing that ever makes me feel better is that Tylenol Cold/Flu drinkable stuff. The blue kind. I don't know if it relly works or if it's all in my head, but it's better than Nyquil because Nyquil makes me reeeealllyyyyy loopy.

Melissa said...

i am so sorry you are sick & that they did the farm tour tradition w/o you! :( but hopefully you got some rest! :)

Yay, Laura, for the win! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome congratulations Laura!! And Kimberly, I hope you are feeling better by now!

kathryn said...

Oh, congrats Laura on the win! And Kim...I hope you're feeling better soon. So many ppl are sick. (Reaches for the vitamin C)