Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

He's a Big Kid!

Today it is official.  Alex is in the "big kid" class - Pre-Kindergarten.  And what a big class it is!  I think there are 13 kids compared to the 6 kids in last year's preschool class.  Yikes!


I know you're thinking that's not such a big deal.  Well, 13 kids really isn't.  It's the 13 parents/grandparents standing in the hallway and on the stairs waiting for the 13 kids that's the big deal.  :)


Anyway, I had to wake Alex up this morning.  Apparently he wanted to sleep in on his first day of school.  Once I told him he had school today, he jumped out of bed.  He was excited!


Of course we took the traditional before-school pictures ...


It took a little coaxing on my part.  Sometimes Alex just does NOT want to cooperate with his shutter-happy mom.  :)  The preschool used to have a sign out front that we would take pictures in front of, but it's gone this year.  Not sure why.  Anyway, I had to get Keira to the bone doctor this morning, so we didn't have lots of time to get pictures.


Alex was excited to get inside the classroom.  He couldn't wait to play with his favorite toys that he remembered from last year.  He went straight for the tool bench, then the drum.  I did manage to get him to be still long enough to get a picture with his teacher.


Alex and Mrs. Saeler.


Before we left, I told him he may have to go home with my friend, Jody, (her daughter, Courtney, is in Alex's class again this year) today since I didn't know how long Keira's appointment would take.  He said okay and went on his merry way to play.


Keira and I went to her appointment, got her arm checked out and X-rayed again, the Physician's Assistant said everything is healing nicely and we should come back in a week.


We got out of there as quickly as possible and scurried back to get to preschool in time.  We made it just at 11:30, but we weren't late.  I should have figured the first day they would be running behind.  


Once we walked into the classroom and Mrs. Saeler began dismissing the kids one by one, I saw Alex sitting on the floor with his arms crossed and his bottom lip sticking out.  FAR.  Wow!  I thought.  Not a good first day apparently.  I'm probably going to have a talk with his teacher after everyone leaves.


She tells him that him mom and sister are here to get him.  He comes running over crying and tells me, "You're not supposed to be here!"  He's clinging to my leg, crying and crying.  I ask him what he's so upset about (although I already knew) and he said he wanted to go home with Jody today.  I literally laughed out loud.


Mrs. Saeler came over to see what the problem was, so I explain that he wasn't happy to see me since he was hoping to go home with Jody and Courtney.  I tell him that we'll go over to Jody's another day.  That seemed to appease him for the moment.


So I was feeling a bit unloved and unwelcomed by my preschooler this morning.  But I got over it quickly.  And so did he.


He had a good first day of school and can't wait to go back on Friday.

No comments: