Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Two sizes smaller!!!

This evening after I dropped the kids off at church for Bible Quizzing at 5:00, I figured I had 3 options.  


1.  I could go run.  
2.  I could go home and mow grass.  
3.  Or I could go shopping.


With options #1 and 2, I would have to get a quick shower before returning to the church for Kids 4 Truth at 6:30 and I would be quite rushed.  Plus I am planning to run tomorrow morning and probably mow grass when I get home.  So I opted for #3.  :)


I had a 15% off coupon and a $10 off $50 coupon for Kohl's, so I hopped in the car and away I went.  I wanted to pick up a few short-sleeved tops since I have 2 that really fit me that I wear all the time.  Needed some variety.  Plus I thought I'd check out the clearance rack just in case they got in any more of those shorts that I bought during the summer that I love.


Unfortunately I didn't see any of the shorts, but they did have some capri pants at 50% off.  So I grabbed a pair and went to try them on.


Now at the beginning of the year, I was in a size 14.  By the middle of the summer, size 12 would fit.  So I picked up a 12 and tried them on.


Imagine my surprise to find that 12's were too loose!  Woo hoo!  I quickly went back to see if there were any 10's in that same style/color.  There weren't any in the same color but I found a pair of black ones in the same style.  (I had been trying on a pair of tan ones originally).  I also found a pair of tan capris in a different style but for the same price.


I was happy dancing in the dressing room when I tried them on.  They fit!  And not just barely squeezed into them fit.  But actually felt comfy, not too tight, able to still breathe when I sit down fit.  I was pumped!


I got to the car and called Doug at work.  I told him I had 2 exciting quick things to tell him.  He was like, "uh, okay."  So I told him about the pants.  He wasn't nearly as excited as I was, but he understood.  Then I told him that I saved $132 at Kohl's according to my receipt.  He said, "how much did you spend?!?!"  Typical man reaction.  :)  He was relieved to hear that I had only spent $52 and I was able to use both coupons.  (He's a coupon kinda guy.)


Anyway, I just had to share my excitement!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That IS exciting!!!!

Anonymous said...

That IS exciting!!!!

Laura said...

woo hoooo!

Melissa said...

That is sooo awesome! You rock!

I gave you a blog award...no pressure to do anything about it but just wanted to let you know!

http://melissavenable.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-am-versatile-my-favorite-bloggie.html