Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Couch to 5K

I hate to run.  Hate.it.

But my friend, Laura, somehow convinced me to do this Couch to 5K thing with her.  The idea is that it takes you from being a couch potato (which I'm not) to being able to run a 5K.  

I told Laura I would give it 3 weeks.  If I'm still dealing with shin splints and sore hips, which is what happens when I run, I'm going back to aerobics or the crossramp.

So we started on Monday.  Intervals, which I love by the way, because they burn many more calories than just straight running.

Anyway, I typically avoid the treadmills when I go to the gym and go straight for the crossramp machine.  No impact, but still a great workout.  And I always do intervals.

There were no treadmills available on Monday when we got there, so we walked/ran the track.   That was probably better than being on a treadmill, except we were dodging people the whole time.  I told Laura I felt like a crazy driver ... weaving in and out of traffic.  But we managed not to run anyone over and the walk/run wasn't too bad.  It was actually sort of fun since I was talking with Laura the whole time.  That made it easier.

Until I tried to get out of bed this morning.  Ouch!   I sent Laura an email earlier with the subject line ... I.AM.SORE.

I'm trying to stretch.  In fact as soon as I'm done posting this, I'm going to stretch before I go to bed. 

Hoping that tomorrow morning when we run again, I will be able to actually walk.

Did I mention that I hate to run?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Har! Har! I hate to run tooooooo!

But I love running with youuuuu!

I'm a cheeser!

See you on the track.

Melissa said...

HAHAHA. Y'all are hilarious. I am so glad y'all are doing it though! It'll be awesome! :)