Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's almost time

Surgery day is almost here!

Keira will be having her appendix removed Monday around lunchtime.  We need to be at the hospital at 11:45 and her surgery will be shortly after.

She is anxious, nervous, and relieved. 

Me too.

She just wants to get this over with and move on with her life.

Me too!

We will spend the night and as long as there are no complications, which we don't expect, we will get to come home Tuesday.

If you wish to read about her ordeal, go here.   It's not in great detail, but it hits the main highlights.

She actually wrote about her experience for a school writing project.  It was supposed to be in the form of a newspaper article.  She named it "The Big Burst."  She's so clever.  Here it is for your reading pleasure.  :)  (Double click on the pics to make them bigger cuz I don't think you'll be able to read it that small).


She asked me to make meatloaf on Tuesday because apparently I make the best meatloaf ever and she wants that for her first meal once we're back at home!  So it is already made and in the freezer (uncooked) so all I have to do is defrost it and pop it in the oven.  Easy peasy!  I'm surprisingly prepared for this.  Weird.

She's also hoping we can snag a laptop while we're there.  I'm not sure we'll be able to get one since we won't be arriving until 11:45.  I think they go pretty quickly.  But we will certainly try.  A whole day without a 'puter ... what ever shall I do?  :)

I made some Chicken and Gnocchi soup to take with me so I don't have to eat hospital food the whole time.  Hospital food is not that bad, but it's not the best either.  Now as long as Doug and I don't eat all of the soup before Monday, I'll be set.  (The kids don't like it - surprise!)  :)

So if you wouldn't mind ... say a prayer for Keira that all goes well and for safe journey back and forth (1+ hour drive each way).

I'll let you know how everything goes in a couple days!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Keira!! What a great newspaper article! Future blogger maybe???

Hope everything goes well on Monday and that the nurses let you SLEEP Monday night! I'll be praying for you.