Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, January 29, 2010

Five Question Friday!

My Little Life

I decided it would be fun to participate in Mama M.'s 5QF. Hook up and play along, won't you?

1. Would you ever vacation alone?
Absolutely! When do we leave? Is it hot there because it is about 19 degrees here today. Brrrrrrr!

Seriously, probably not like a whole week or anything, but a couple days or a weekend away scrapbooking … I’m there!

2. Do you go the speed limit?
It all depends on where I’m going and who is with me. I typically try to go the speed limit. But Saturday night when I was racing down to Children’s Hospital trying to catch up to the ambulance that was transporting my daughter … um, not so much. I was praying the entire time that I wouldn’t get pulled over ... and for every possible green light … and to not get lost since the hospital has moved since the last time I had to go there.

On the way home on Wednesday, I was being passed by everyone. I was taking it easy so as to not hurt my daughter with all the potholes and man hole covers.

3. Why did you start blogging/following blogs?
I had a paid-for blog elsewhere for my Stampin’ Up! business. But when I was talking to my real-life friend, Laura at Life Happens, and she was telling me that Blogger was free, I switched pretty quickly. My SU business has now gone by the wayside (time to move on), so I blog about life now instead of about customer specials and cards or scrapbook pages I have done. I absolutely love blogging. Posting, reading, linking up. Love, love, love it!

I’ve “met” quite a few people with similar interests/situations and it is great to read about their lives as well as share mine. I didn’t think I’d have anything interesting to say, but once I started, all these ideas popped into my head that I have started a Word document to jot down ideas.

I’ve made several blogging buddies, which is really awesome. I can’t believe that there are “strangers” out there that follow me because they find me interesting (or amusing? … or strange?). No matter … they’re following … which I love!

4. Where do you shop for yourself?
You mean people actually shop for themselves and not just for their kids? :) Shocking!

Serioulsy, Kohls is probably my favorite store for clothing. JC Penney coming in at a close second. Target for other stuff. Jockey for … um … underthings. The Outlet Mall for lots of other cool stuff.

5. What was the song that you danced your first dance with your spouse to at your wedding...or...what song would you like your first dance to be to?
Well, we were married 13 years ago, so I really do not remember. I think it was a George Strait song (Cross My Heart?), but I’m not positive. Does that make me a terrible person? I don’t think so … because I remember a lot of the way more important stuff that has happened since then. Little details like that get lost in the shuffle.
So there are a few things about me that you didn't know ... and you probably would have been able to sleep tonight not knowing. But ... now you know, ya know? Happy Friday, Everyone!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Outlets are wonderful!!

Life is 5 Minutes Long said...

So glad your daughter is home :) Scarry. I will keep you updated about the fitness thing. It's hard. HAveing accountability is soo helpful. Jenn