Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ugh!

Need I say more?! :)


Okay, I will.


Let me start by saying that I love my children with all of my heart. Having said that, they are driving me absolutely crazy today!


Today is Christmas tree day. A day I should look forward to each year, but have come to dread.


Maybe it is the picture-perfect Marth Stewartesque type Christmas I wish we had ...

laughing and frolicking around the tree ... sharing stories about each ornament (which are all unique by the way - no generics on this tree) ...


instead of the Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation type chaos that we always seem to end up with ...




Maybe that is the problem. I should be more realistic before we start.


Actually, I am realistic. I just think that putting up the tree and decorating it with the kids should be fun. Instead it ends up being incredibly stressful and frustrating. The kids fight over who gets to put up what ornament and someone ends up crying and stomping off. Usually me. :)


Seriously, I just retreat to my safe spot ... right here in front of my computer ... and let them finish the tree.


Maybe when they are older it will be more fun.


I know, I know ... I should cherish these moments now when they are small. But right now I don't feel like cherishing anything.


I just want to lock myself in my bedroom and read a good book. Escape from the joy of motherhood for a little while.


Is that so wrong?


All because of a stupid tree.


Ugh!

1 comment:

Laura said...

We are decorating the tree as soon as Jason wakes up from his nap. Hopefully it won't be stressful for us haha. Maybe next year you could put all the ornaments in a black back and they have five seconds to reach in and grab one. Then they put it on the tree and the next person gets a turn. Could take a while longer but then it might eliminate the fighting so it could be worth it. :)