Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, December 11, 2009

Sometimes things do work out

Today I stayed in bed until a record-breaking 9:25 a.m. Some days I LOVE 2-hour delays!

9 degrees outside and wind gusts up to 40 mph were the cause of the delay. Not my favorite scenerio, but I'll take the sleeping in any day!

And because of the 2-hour delay, my daughter's Christmas concert (in which she plays violin) has been postponed until 2:15 p.m. instead of the originally scheduled 9:45 a.m.

Which means that Doug, who was supposed to be off yesterday and today, on vacation, but is working until noon today, can now attend Keira's concert.

After that my in-laws will be watching the kiddos so we can go shopping and to dinner.

So today I am thankful for the 2-hour delay.

Sometimes things do work out.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

Oh, yay! Don't-cha love delays?? They're the next best thing to snow days altogether. I'm glad hubby can go to the concert. It does sound like things worked out perfectly!

Hey-there's something for you at my place. Click below:
http://www.theinternalmakeover.com/2009/11/congratulations.html
I hope this link works!