Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tomorrow

So here I sit … on the eve of sort of a big birthday …

And I feel a bit sad. Not because of the birthday. Not because of the celebration … or the lack thereof.

I’m not really sure why I feel sad.

Is it because Doug is leaving tomorrow morning for 4 days when we’re not used to him being away? We’re used to him working. A lot. We’re used to the shift work and the not seeing much of him for a few days at a time. But we’re not used to him actually sleeping somewhere else.

Maybe that’s why I’m sad.

Maybe it’s the crappy weather today. Freezing rain/ice this morning caused us to keep close to home. We didn’t even venture out to church, a place where I can usually get refreshed.

Then the freezing rain turned to just rain for pretty much the rest of the day.

Gray skies and rain. That would make anyone depressed.

Maybe that’s it. I just don’t know.

Maybe it was the almost constant bickering amongst my kids today. It seems when they can’t go outside to play and release all that pent-up energy, they take it out on each other. Joy!

Maybe it’s the book I just finished reading yesterday. Nicholas Sparks’ A Bend in the Road. I’ve only read two of his books, but I just love his writing. So much emotion.

I really, truly have no good reason to be sad.

I am blessed. Truly blessed. But sad just the same.

In that knowledge, I’m going to go talk to God a while, then go to bed.

Tomorrow is another day.

(Cue the song by Annie … Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya! Tomorrow! You’re always a day away!)

Hopefully the sun will come out ... tomorrow.

3 comments:

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

This is my first time to visit your blog! Thank you for your sweet comment on mine! ;)

I'll be praying for you that you will know God's sweet presence and joy!

{{hugs}}

Laura said...

Happy Birthday!!

Hope you are feeling more up today and hopefully your kids will be perfect angels for you when they get home from school. That alone would be an awesome bday gift yeah?! Or is that why you wanted the massage info!???

And yesterday WAS a nasty day. We did get to church but it was empty... and Mike fell down the outside steps with Jason in his arms on our way out. Ugh. Thankfully they just slid down and they are both fine... just a sore butt for Mike haha.

Unknown said...

Myra - I've been lurking on your blog for a while now. Not sure if I've commented before. Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

Laura - I am feeling better today. Maybe it was just the crappy weather. Doug brought me purple carnations and another personal gift yesterday. Even though I always tell him not to buy me anything for my bday.

Glad to hear no one was hurt! I hope Mike is feeling better soon!