Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, November 8, 2009

Through the years ... a story of us

Today, November 9, is our 13th wedding anniversary. Doug's and mine. Wow! It is hard to believe that it has been 13 years since we said our vows. Since we started on this crazy journey called life together. As I wrote in a previous post, we've actually been together for 20 years! We dated for 7 years before we got married.


So feeling a little nostalgic, I found some pics of us from way back when ... and a few more recent. I guessed the dates on a few since I didn't organize very well BS (before scrapbooking). And most of these are scanned in since they were taken before the digital age. So please forgive the not-so-great quality.


1991 - Look at all that hair! Good grief!

1992 - My college graduation. That is my mom with us.

1994? I'm not sure where we are or who took this pic.
1995 - My friend, Laurie, who is also my former boss, took our pics for our engagement announcement.


Our wedding day - 11/9/96



1997 - at my company's Christmas party.
2000 - at my brother's wedding.



2003 - more pics by Laurie. She gave us a free photo session in her living room.
2004 - picture taken for our church's directory.



2007 - another pic for our church's directory. The photographer was horrible! He was snapping his fingers above his head to try to get the kids to look at the camera and smile. He only took 3 shots of us because Alex wasn't up for getting his pic taken. Shortly after we were done, Alex threw up all over the floor.


2009 - at Doug's cousin's wedding. It was obviously casual. :) An outdoor redneck wedding, as I lovingly call it.


It was really a challenge to find pics of Doug and me together, since one of us is usually the one taking the pictures (mostly me!). Plus Doug doesn't like having his picture taken, but then again, who does?


Hopefully soon we will have more pictures, thanks to my friend, Laura. We've been trying to get our schedules lined up so she can take some family photos for us (thanks, Laura!).

So that's us. 20 years together and counting.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love it!!! Looking back at old photos is so much fun! Hopefully I can get you a more "fun" family photo. I hate over posed pictures because they don't show the relationships or personalities. AND I will make sure to get some pics of just you and Doug. :) Keep your fingers crossed for weather... Saturday (I know it's a ways away and could change but) right now is looking like 52 and cloudy... but cloudy works! And Sunday is saying rain. Which ever day is the nicest is the one we will do. I'll make it work. :)

Áine said...

Wow!! What an achievement :) Congratulations!!

kathryn said...

Oh, congratulations!! Happy Anniversary! The photos are awesome....you two look like a truly happy couple!

So nice to see!

Gorgeous kids, too!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I really appreciate it!