Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, November 2, 2009

Our story - how it began

Doug and I will be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary on November 9, so I thought it would be fun to remember how it all happened. My memory isn't fabulous, so I'll do my best.

We met in high school, actually. He was a grade ahead of me. We talked some. We liked each other, but that was all the further it went. I can remember talking to him after Home Ec class - he had Shop class at the same time. We would stand in the doorways across the hall from each other and chat a little while we waited for the bell to ring. He had dated my cousin, Beverly, a few times, but nothing serious came of that.

I can remember his mom from high school also. She was a security guard during football games. I played clarinet in the marching band (yes, I was sort of a geek, I guess), so I had to go to the games whether I wanted to or not. I remember liking her. She was very nice.

After high school I got a job at the mall in a photo shop. I always liked photography so I thought this would be a great place to learn. Not so much, but anyway. One evening while working who stops in to see me but Doug! We talked for a little while. I was dating someone else at the time, so that was all we did ... talk ... at my work. He would stop in every couple weeks to say hello.

Several months later, after I had broken up with the guy I was dating, I decided to call Doug. What the heck, right? His mom answered the phone. He wasn't home so I left my number. He called me back and I asked him out on a date. Yep! I asked him out!

We went out that Friday night. We joke with each other now because neither of us can remember where we went or what we did. We do remember that it was in November, we think the 11th. We think we went to Eat-n-Park Restaurant.

You'd think we'd remember that detail. Perhaps it didn't seem important at the time. And it really isn't important. But still.

So anyway, we've been together ever since. I was 19 - about to turn 20. He was 21.

Now I'm 39 - about to turn 40 (December 14 in case you want to send me a card :) ). He's 41. We've been together 20 years. Half my life. Wow! That just blows me away!

I'll find some pics of us way back then and post them later this week.

Until next time ... God bless!
~Kimberly

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yay! I love hearing people's love stories. :) Next year you will be able to say you've been together for more than half your life.

kathryn said...

Wow...what a wonderful story?? Yeah, what you remember about it, anyway! Who cares where you went or the date? You're together...FOREVER!!!

Love it!