Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, November 13, 2009

Clifford's Restaurant

Tonight Doug and I went out to dinner to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary.


We have been going to Clifford's Restaurant for the past several years. Their food is a bit pricey, but it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! Really! It is that good! :)

Doug parents agreed to watch the kiddos once again (thanks Maw and Pap!). So we didn't have to find a sitter.

We have been looking forward to this night for a while. I made the reservations about a month ago, once I knew Doug was definitely going to be off. (You never know sometimes).

We got there just in time - reservations for 6:00. Table for two. Sweet.

First they bring out the bread and rolls. Yummmmmmmm! So good.

Appetizer next. Grilled marinated shrimp. Double yummmmmmm! We usually share the appetizer ... as long as we can agree on what to get. :)

Then salad. Now we're not talking iceburg lettuce and a few sprigs of carrots and cabbage either. Baby spring greens with cucumbers, tomatoes, and homemade croutons with raspberry walnut dressing. Mmmmmm.

Then the most delicious meal. I got veal and scallops. The veal came with a fruit sauce on the side. Tasted like raspberries. Another yum. And I absolutely love scallops but I can't cook them. They always end up mushy, so I stick to ordering them when we are out. Clifford's are the best.

Doug got roast beef with mashed potatoes. Now we have roast beef here a couple times a month, but even though my roast beef is good, it tastes nothing like theirs. Slow roasted ... all day. Falls apart ... melts in your mouth. Yum. (Did I mention their food was good? :) )

Lastly we got dessert on the house since we were celebrating our anniversary. Seriously I had no more room in my already stuffed belly for dessert, but what the heck. It's once a year. So I got a slice of pumpkin cheesecake; Doug got peach cobbler. Yum. Yum.

My belly is so full. I don't think I will eat again until Monday.

But it was so worth it.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Glad you had fun!!

Where is Cliffords??