Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chicken and Gnocchi Soup - YUM!

Doug, Alex, and I went shopping a couple Fridays ago at Kohl's in Cranberry. I was in desperate need of some new clothes (no, seriously I was!). While there we had to go to lunch and since there is no Olive Garden near our house (yet!), of course, we had to eat there. Doug and I both got their Chicken and Gnocchi soup ... and boy was it good! I mean, like, really really good.

And our waitress was awesome! She was boxing up all the food we ordered (eyes definitely bigger than our stomachs that day), and she even gave us another bowl of the soup to take home. So, even though it was technically Doug's soup because he ordered the endless soup, salad, and breadsticks for lunch, he let me eat it. (He's so sweet to me!) I had it for lunch a couple days later and it was even better then.

So I was on a quest this week to find the recipe ... and I did! Well, not Olive Garden's recipe - they're not stupid - but one that is very similar. I made it today and it was YUMMY!

Instead of typing the whole recipe in my post (I'm being lazy, I know), here's the link.
Chicken and Gnocchi Soup

Print it out and try it! It is soooo good! And it wasn't difficult and it doesn't take long!

Of course, my kids wouldn't eat it. It is, after all, all mixed together. Can't have that! So they opted for toast and waffles and bananas for supper (seriously), while Doug and I enjoyed the soup. I plan to enjoy it again tomorrow for lunch. Maybe even more then because all the flavors will have had time to soak into the chicken and gnocchi. Mmmmmm.

Until next time ... God bless!
~Kimberly

No comments: