Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, April 23, 2012

Week 16 in Pictures

Last week was wonderful!  Not much written on my calendar to do, so we were able to relax and enjoy the few beautiful days we got.  We spent lots of time outside ... playing in the back yard, mowing grass, walking and riding bikes on two different bike trails.  It was nice to relax a little.  This week is equally unscheduled.  I'm enjoying the freedom immensely.  I have things that I want to get done though, so I won't be doing nothing.  Not that I ever do nothing.  :)

Anyway, here's what last week looked like in pictures ...
{Sunday}
2012-04-15
Keira looked so pretty in her dress that after evening church we spent some time outside taking pictures.  I just love the bokeh that we get now that the lilac bushes have leaves on them again.  Linking up with Tracey for Keira's blue eyes.
Inspire Me

{Monday}
2012-04-16
I know I showed this photo already in yesterday's Scavenger Hunt, but our walk on the bike trail proved interesting.  We saw lots of blossoming trees, bees, butterflies, horses, cows, and this frog among several others who jumped in the water quickly.

{Tuesday}
2012-04-17
I've been trying so hard to get a good photo of dandelion fluff in the air.  Each of my kids has been eager to help me achieve this.  Tonight was Nick's turn.  This isn't exactly what I was after, but I'm getting closer.

{Wednesday}
2012-04-18
Another one you already saw ... the grape hyacinths from my church's flower garden.

{Thursday}
2012-04-19
Alex and I went for a bike ride on a new-to-us bike trail.  We had to stop so Alex could pick some purple flowers for me.  I'm really going to miss him when he goes to first grade next school year and will be gone all day.  He's been my morning buddy for a while now.  It will feel strange to not have him around.

{Friday}
2012-04-20
I came across this cool-looking spider while I was mowing the back yard.  I managed to catch him and put him in one of our bug boxes just long enough to take his picture.

{Saturday}
2012-04-21
We celebrated Nick's birthday with cake and ice cream and a few friends from school.  Wow, can 8 and 9 year old boys be LOUD!  And they really like to wrestle.  :)  Anyway, a friend of mine, Laura, made this Angry Bird cake for us.  Isn't it great?  And it was the best-tasting cake I have ever had.

8 comments:

Tracey Washington said...

oh my gosh! I LOVE that bokeh! And the Angry Bird cake is great... looks delish! :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

Yowza on the spider but I love that first shot of your daughter- beautiful glow!

packmom said...

So many great photos this week but that spider is creepy! Love the cake.

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

I love those weeks with nothing too planned and it just unfolds perfectly. :) Thank you for hosting,
Karah

Skye said...

love the frog - great shot! Wow!

Anonymous said...

I was just scrolling through your photos saying oh I like that photo, oh I really like that photo, oh that one is even better. Then EEEEKKKK! That spider scared the heck out of me. Ha ha. That angry bird cake is AWESOME! Love it.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Perfect portraits ... again. :) You are capturing their childhood perfectly and I LOVE the spider.

Teachinfourth said...

The frog shot is wonderful. I love the vivid greens and other colors that create the shot...the spider? Yeah, probably not one of my favorites.