Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Grape Hyacinth

Grape hyacinth
Yesterday afternoon I had to drop Keira off at our church for a Youth Group function and I noticed these sweet grape hyacinths growing in the church's flower bed.  This evening after I dropped the kids off for Youth Group and Bible Quizzing I grabbed my camera to capture the cuties.  The sun was setting and hitting the flower bed just right.  I knelt down and snapped a few photos.  One of the ladies from church saw me and wondered what I was doing.  When I popped my head up from snapping the last photo, she commented that she thought I was praying.  We both laughed.  Not that I don't pray, mind you, because I do.  I just don't typically drop to my knees in the church's yard to do it.  :)

Right after that a gentleman from my church also commented about what I was doing.  No one was upset with me, just curious.  I told him that if I were at home I would have laid down on my belly to photograph the flowers.  But since I was at the church and there were people all around, I thought it best to just kneel.  He likes photography also and told me a few stories of some strange positions he's been in to get that "perfect shot" and a few shots he's missed due to circumstances.  He understood.  I enjoy talking to people who get it.  That doesn't happen often.  :)

      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}  WW_KW     

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Stunning!

Unknown said...

LOVE the light! Thank you for sharing!

Lisa said...

So pretty. This light is just perfect. I get embarassed taking photos like that in public. I know I shouldn't but I do.

A wondering star said...

Great shots of your beautiful flower in sunset!

Heather said...

Beautiful shot love the lighting.

Laura said...

Good story!

Unknown said...

What I Love about this photo is instead of thinking you were at your church, I imagined these flowers in a field full of them! Gorgeous light and capture! And I love that the man you talked to "gets it"! :D

Anonymous said...

lovely capture =)

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Love this and the story that goes with it. I'm always concious taking photographs when there are lots of others around and it's not a touristy place. We really do draw attention to ourselves - one person thought I had collapsed one day and even stopped the car to check that I was ok.

Ellie said...

Lovely image - I love the sunlight in your picture.

karren said...

Oh, I love your dialog here, and I laughed out loud. I thought you WERE down on your belly . Sometimes I cannot get back up without putting on quite a scene....My mother always said, "the proof is in the pudding". In other words, I can see that you know what to do, and you have really shown off your talent in this magnificent photo.

Gina Kleinworth said...

That sun flare on that is so beautiful!!!!

A Creative Grace said...

A beautiful image and gorgeous light. I know what you mean, my knees are still recovering from shooting spring flowers a few days ago :)

deb duty said...

Wow!! That light is GORGEOUS! I don't think I've ever seen prettier light. Beautiful photo!