Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #13

Some weeks Tuesday nights sneak up on me!  :)  After a pretty busy day, I went to a Turbo Kick class at our local Zumba center this evening (loved it!).  Then read to Alex, dealt with some PTO stuff, took a shower, and realized that I hadn't prepared my W&WW post yet.  Yikes!


Before I share my photos, let me just say THANK YOU once again to everyone who links up!  We broke another record last week.  That's exciting to me!  Although it makes it challenging to get around to visit everyone but I managed.  Not sure how well I'll do this week as we are ordering our kitchen cabinets so I'll be working diligently to get some things straightened up/cleaned out/pitched in our kitchen over the next few weeks.  But I will do my best to sneak a few moments here and there to stop by.

Anyway, on to the photos ... I wanted to share a few from our fun on Saturday.  Friday night/Saturday morning Mother Nature decided to dump another 5 inches or so of snow on us.  On top of the 3 inches we received Thursday night/Friday morning.  After shoveling out, we enjoyed the snow by sledding in our back yard.  When we finally got in the house, we had a message from a friend, Jennifer, inviting us over to sled at her house.  The kids were excited to go, so instead of taking a much-needed nap, we went sledding some more.  While there, we got to visit with the neighbor's horse and donkeys.

This is Cocoa.  She is beautiful.  Not that you need me to tell you that.  :)
Cocoa2


We sweetened her up by feeding her a few apples that Jennifer had given us.
Cocoa3


And I discovered just how difficult it is to photograph a horse.  She didn't like to be still for long.  :)  And the bright sun and snow combined with her dark fur made metering interesting.
Cocoa1


When we were just about to get back to sledding, a plow truck came through.  Cocoa got terribly upset and started running around and bucking and whinnying.  I managed to get this shot of her even though it's not the greatest.  I didn't overstep my boundaries and go into the pasture where picture-taking would have been better.
Cocoa4
And you can sort of see the donkeys.  I did take pictures of them too.  Just no time to post them tonight.  Although they were difficult to photograph as well.  That's okay though.  I love those learning opportunities.

Now it is your turn!  Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.  
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button for your post and link up below (or at least use a text link) so others can find out about Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  Thank you!
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photos must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers. 
5.  You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!


A Fresh Perspective




Also linking up with these lovely ladies ...
NapTime MomTog      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}           

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos! Horses are such beautiful animals :)

Susan said...

Love the snow on the horse's nose! What great neighbors to have :)

Nadege, said...

Cocoa is quite beautiful...such a kind eye, I love the bit of snow on her nose.

momto8 said...

beautiful animals!!

Jill said...

Such a beauty and your photos are outstanding! I feel like I got to look into Cocoa's soul.

Lori said...

These are so pretty with the snow and horses.

Gretchen said...

Wonderful horse captures Kimberly!! Have fun with the kitchen remodel!! (I forgot to link up... I'll work on it later today.)

Laura said...

Horses! They are for sure beautiful creatures!

I want more snow!

Gina Kleinworth said...

What beautiful captures Kimberly. I especially love that first one! The tenderness of the moment is so special.

Pieni Lintu said...

So great shots!

Unknown said...

Oh wow such pretty photos!

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous shots! And the snow just adds so much to the scene.

Christina Klas said...

Man! What a beautiful place to live! You are very lucky... And that horse - makes me want to ride one again... it's been YEARS.

Kristi Bonney said...

I love that second shot of the horse! And boy do I know how difficult they are to shoot, especially in the snow! You did great though! :)

Susan said...

Nice shots. I love her snowy nose! She looks a lot less fuzzy than my horses, which rather ironic since she’s in snow and they aren’t.

Lauren @ A Matched Pair said...

Cocoa is lovely. Beautiful photos!

Melissa said...

I just love horses. So beautiful!! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

I really like these shots. I wish we could get a little bit of snow.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful images. xx

Kmcblackburn said...

So glad I found your sight thru "Texture Thursday". I am in awe of your perspective on these horses. Gorgeous. I am your newest follower and a first time participant in your link up.

Kathy

Unknown said...

Love those closeup photos of the horse's eye. Very cool!

Michelle said...

Beautiful horses!

Tamar SB said...

Oh, are they just so majestic and gorgeous!

deb duty said...

These are just beautiful! Looks like you guys are enjoying winter!

Unknown said...

My family raises horses. These are great shots.Thanks for visiting me!

Jennie Louise said...

Wonderful photos of horses... i love horses but never had the opportunity to keep them. great blog post.
Jennie. x

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Wonderful photos.

Regards and best wishes

Lisa Gordon said...

Cocoa is absolutely gorgeous Kimberly!

kids creative chaos said...

Breathtaking! I miss horses, I use to ride. These are beautiful photos.
I host a WW every Wednesday. Hop over and link-up ~ anything goes.