Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #12

Hi there!  I'm so glad you are here!  Time for another Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  I so appreciate all of you who stop by and link up or just leave a nice comment.  And even you lurkers (you know who you are).  :)  I was super excited to see so many link up last week!  The most since I've started W&WW.  So THANK YOU!

One day last week we had some beautiful weather for January.  Temps in the mid to upper 40s and gorgeous sunshine.  Oh, it was wonderful.  So wonderful, in fact, that once I put Alex on the bus for afternoon Kindergarten, I took advantage of the beautiful weather and went to a local bike trail to do some walking/running.  I, of course, took my camera along.  Here are just a few photos I snapped while out that afternoon ...

DSC_0033
A rare self-portrait.  I don't know about you, but I have a very hard time with selfies.  So for this one, I put my camera on a bench beside the trail, unfocused my camera (yes, you read that right) :), and set the self-timer.  The funny thing is that I had to wait until some other walker went past before I could start.  I sat there fiddling around with my camera for a few minutes until she was far enough away.  I'm sure she would have thought I was very strange running back and forth in front of my camera.  :)

DSC_0062
I know this is just a drainage ditch along the trail, but the way the sun was shining on it made it look so pretty.  Well, as pretty as a pile of rocks can be anyway.

DSC_0043
This was just some grassy stuff along the trail that the sun was glimmering off of.  I used Kim Klassen's Sweettart texture on it.  I'm linking up with her this week for her "open" theme, since I was out on the open trail.  Too much of a stretch?  I think not.  :)
kimklassencafe

Now it is your turn!  Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.  
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button for your post and link up below (or at least use a text link) so others can find out about Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  Thank you!
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photos must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers. 
5.  You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!

A Fresh Perspective



Also linking up with these lovely ladies ...
NapTime MomTog      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}      

24 comments:

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

Kimberly, these shots are fantastic! I love them all, but the 2nd is just lovely! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up. Happy Wordless Wednesday!

Cathy said...

your selfie turned out nice and i love the unfocused trees. i think it is wonderful how we can turn simple and ordinary things into beautiful pictures, you did a lovely job on the other two, even if, as you said, it is just a ditch : )

Serendipityissweet said...

Beautiful shots! I love your selfie! I have a hard time with those as well. Nicely done!!

Unknown said...

These photos are stunning! Love the out-of-focus shot... I still have never been successful with those! And that flare is awesome! The third is gorgeous as well!

alicia said...

Beautiful soft shots! I could use a little work in this area. Happy WW!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Nadege, said...

Love the out of focus shot, wonderful captures.

Rainey said...

Oh great photos, Kim! I love the self-portrait and the rocks! I forgot to take a picture for your link this week (sad), but I wanted to leave some love anyway.

Gretchen said...

Wonderful collection Kimberly!! I love your selfie... and I'm with you. I have a hard time with them too. In fact, I think I've done like 2 this year.... and I always grab a cute kid to hide behind!! =P LOVE what you did with this one!! AND another awesome sunflare!!!

momto8 said...

great shots..the "un"clarity is a different perspective ..

Susan said...

Awesome selfie! Very clever. And I love that grass. Thanks for hosting :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

I'm cracking up at the thought of another jogger seeing you running in front of the camera :) I feel like that when I do my vlogs outside- wondering what the neighbors think of me out there talking to the camera about who knows what. I love your captures along the way- such beauty all around you.

Unknown said...

I love your idea for a self portrait. I have that challenge coming up for my Project 52 and I have no idea what to do. Of course, I would have to take up jogging! :)

Jennie Louise said...

Hi Kimberley
The light in your photos is beautiful. Sometimes i LOVE out of focus shots.. it mkes us REALLY look at the photo or just apreaciate the surrounding colours more.
found you blog through blog hopping, just wanted to say hi !
Jennie. x

SKCPhotos said...

Just love the second shot.

Christina Klas said...

Love these photos! Especially the first one!

Unknown said...

Beautiful sunburst in the second photo and I like the softness of the last. Very creative self portrait! Thank you for sharing :o).

Anonymous said...

WOW! These are gorgeous.

Cordial Chaos said...

Great shots! I especially love that last shot!

kewkew said...

Love your shots. The first one is really neat. But I really love the shot with the rocks in the drainage ditch. The sun shine is marvelous.

georgia b. said...

hahaha... that's awesome! so sounds like something i would do... all of it. love the photos you took. very nice!

i came via kk's texture tuesday... i've been trying to go see all the other entires... a little late, but better than never. =)

and i'm also the newest follower to your lovely blog!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Love all of them, but especially your selfie with the story behind it. L)

Michelle said...

I love the out of focus selfie and the sun flare on the rocks. Beautiful as always, Kimberly.

deb duty said...

I love your self portrait! And the textured photo is so beautiful!