Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, January 16, 2012

Last week in pictures

We finally got back to our routine last week.  School is in full swing, Bible study started back up, and Saturday morning soccer started.  We also finally got our first big snow and had our first 2-hour school delay.  Of course, our routine is being interrupted already by a 4-day weekend.  The kids have no school on Monday and Tuesday for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and an in-service day.  So much for our routine.  :)  But we'll have fun nonetheless.  
Anyway, here's what last week looked like in pictures ...

Sunday
2012-01-08
I just love Keira's new Bible cover.  Makes me kind of wish I had bought it for me and not her.  :)  (My "something new" for Inspire Me's P365).

Monday
2012-01-09
Alex had his 6-year check up at the doctor's.  He looked so cute in his Dr. Seuss paper gown.  (cell phone photo)

Tuesday
2012-01-10
Such a nice day, so I went to the carwash down the road to spray all the junk off my car.  This hose for the scrub brush caught my eye.





Wednesday
2012-01-11
Nick has been really into Legos lately.  He brought some new-to-him figures home from school today.  Apparently one of his friends at school didn't want them anymore.  This is my "made with love" submission for Project 52 with My 3 Boybarians.  Nick made these Lego figures with love.  :)
project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

Thursday
2012-01-12
A very rainy day ... before the cold and snow moved in.  This is my "chilly" submission for Project 366 Rewind.  The falling temps really made me aware that the snow was coming.

Friday
2012-01-13
After school the kids and I went for a walk though our neighbor's woods to enjoy the beauty of the snow.  It covered everything and was so pretty.  It is amazing the difference a day can make.


Adventures & Misadventures of Daily Living


Saturday
2012-01-14
We had lots of birds hanging out in our maple tree and eating from our feeder.  I was so excited to see not one, not two, but four male cardinals and one female cardinal in our tree at one time.
     Inspire Me

25 comments:

Unknown said...

love love love your photos! Especially the birds. We got some snow today too for the first time in years, it was really pretty!
www.myoverflowingheart.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Love the cardinal photos and the rain drops on the grass. So lovely. I like the Be Inspired Project, too. If I was doing a p365, I'd participate.

Rainey said...

That last one is awesome, Kim!

Laura said...

Beautiful pic of Keira!!

Jill said...

All of these are great but I went breathless when I saw all of those beautiful cardinals together. Fantastic capture!

Gina Kleinworth said...

WOW on the birds- wow wow! and that photo of your daughter is so beautiful & I love the perspective on the rest- WELL DONE this week!!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved every single shot!

Tracey Washington said...

Thanks for the kind comments and linking up! I love your week... especially the cardinals and the bible cover... beautiful!

Tamar SB said...

I just love the picture of the hose coil! Stunning! And that paper gown is so cute, great way to make the doctors more fun!

hpefortomorrow said...

WOW!! These are all gorgeous. I can not even pick a favorite. Awesome shots.

Anonymous said...

beautiful set. Love the droples macro!

Skye said...

I just love the cardinal shot. I love birds, and seeing them in their beautiful habitat like that makes me smile! And the picture of the wet grass the day before the snow is gorgeous too!

Lisa Gordon said...

These are wonderful photographs Kimberly!
I especially love the last one. I have never seen so many cardinals in one place!
Have a beautiful day!

Diane said...

Love your submission to P52. My nephews are obsessed with Legos, so I truly appreciate this photo.

Lori said...

Beautiful photos!

Susan said...

Beautiful photo of your daughter in the snow, and I love the cardinal shot!!

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

So many amazing shots, but I especially love the one of the green hose at the car wash! So cool!

In case you haven't already heard, we announced our winter photography challenge today. I really enjoyed your work during the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge and would love for you to join us again! Stop by to learn more when you get a chance! Have a great day! :)

Adeline said...

I just came across your blog and i must tell you how i love the way you capture your images.

Kay Rhodes said...

Beautiful shot with the cardinals!!!

karren said...

These are all great...my fave is the trees with the Cardinals. I am so jealous that you have these gorgeous birds to photograph.

momto8 said...

how many times did I see those things I never saw ?!!

Unknown said...

The car wash hose is sooo cool! And then OH the water droplets!!! LOVE! So many great photos!

Gretchen said...

Ninjago!! LOVE the legos in our house! That cardinal picture is most wonderful... gret capture!!!! Wonderful week in pictures!!

Liz said...

Lovely images - all of them!!
It's nice to discover more people who are doing Project 366 Rewind :)

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

I love love LOVE all of these ... grass and rain drops-PERFECT; daughter in the snow-PERFECT; CARDINALS in the tree-ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!