Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #8

Hello!  And welcome!  This week's Wild & Wonderful Wednesday will be relatively short and sweet.  'Cuz it is late and I am tired.  And I have a cold.  Ick.

However, despite all that I had a pretty good day.  Alex and I got some last-minute Christmas shopping done this morning.  I was finally able to pick up my Christmas cards at Sam's Club.  (don't ask!)  And I got the envelopes all filled out ... just need stamps, return address labels, and sealed.  (When I have a bunch of envelopes to seal I always remember that Seinfeld episode when George's fiance died from licking all their wedding invitation envelopes.  Remember that one?  Makes me laugh every time.)  

Anyway, when I got home from running a few more errands this afternoon (without my little helper), my wonderful mail carrier had left a package for me on my front porch.  My new lens!  It is just a 50mm 1.8, but I was still so excited.  I ripped open the box, put the lens on my camera and ... had to wait about an hour before I could play because it was all fogged up from being out in the cold.  :)  But I did get to play.

Keira
Keira was her usual willing model.  I love the fact that I took this indoors without a flash at ISO 800.

Violin ornament
This is Keira's ornament this year.  I'm so glad she enjoys the violin so much.  Thursday is her school concert that we are really looking forward to.  Except for the fact that it is at 8 o'clock in the morning.  What's up with that?  Oh, and she taught herself how to play another song today just by listening to it and figuring it out.  I wish I could remember which song.  All I can remember is that it is a Christmas song because that's the Pandora station I had playing.  :)

December 20
This is today's photo of the day.  Just because.  Look at all that delicious bokeh!  :)








Snowman
And here's Nick's sweet little snowman he made last year in school out of a sock and rice.  I just love this little guy.  I wish we would get some snow so we can make a real snowman.


You'll notice I took all of these with the Christmas tree in the background.  I can't get this kind of bokeh with my other lenses.  Although this new lens is going to take some getting used to.  My other three lenses are all zoom lenses and since this one isn't, I need to get my distance right.  I'm sure I'll do a lot of playing over the kids' Christmas break.


Okay, so much for short and sweet, huh?  :)


Now it is your turn!  Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.  
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button for your post and link up below (or at least use a text link) so others can find out about Wild & Wonderful Wednesday.  (I reserve the right to delete links that don't follow this one simple rule.  K?  Thanks.).
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photos must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers (mine too please!).  We know how much everyone loves comments!  
5.  You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!


Thank you for stopping by and linking up!  I would like to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas!
A Fresh Perspective





Also linking up with these beautiful ladies:
NapTime MomTog      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}      Live, Love, TRAVEL
Be sure to stop over at Jaymi's to see some beautiful bokeh photos!  You won't be disappointed!

18 comments:

Susan said...

Oh how fun!! I love a new lens and that is one of my all time favorites.

GREAT shots!! Love that bokeh.

Merry Christmas!!

alicia said...

Love the bokeh. Great work. I love my 50mm too!

Laura said...

Christmas is such a great time to get this lens!

EMily said...

That sock ornament is so cute! That is awesome she can pick songs up by listening to them and playing them, keep that up and do some technique for practice and she'll go far!

Gina Kleinworth said...

YAY for the new lens! Isn't it fabulous??!!!! I leave that one on my camera almost 100% of the time- the only thing I don't use it for is wide angle panoramics & the long distance moon shots. I can't wait to see what else you do with it in the future because it certainly creates some fabulous bokeh!

mommy baum said...

beautiful photos! i stumbled upon your blog from project alicia's wordless wednesday linkup. love your stuff. cute place. i will be back! ;)

Erica said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the Christmas lights ones. Now I'm inspired!

Sveta said...

Ohhh!! I've been wanting to get that lens for a while... And I love the violin ornament. :) I've been playing for 3 years. And love it!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous bokeh pictures and love the tiny violin:)

Unknown said...

Hoooray for new lenses and bokeh fun! :)

Unknown said...

your new lens makes great bokehs!!

Gretchen said...

Those are gorgeous... LOVE your new lens!! Now I'm REALLY hoping that's what my hubby got me for Christmas!! =P

Lisa Gordon said...

Congratulations on the new lens Kimberly. It's a beauty!
Your photograph of Keira is just wonderful.
Sending you wishes for a beautiful Christmas.

Susan said...

Congrats on the new lens! I love my 50mm 1.8 lens. Beautiful bokeh in these, your daughter is gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

Really awesome photos. Sorry I am so late visiting. It has been a Looooonnnggg day!

Saun said...

Beautiful shots love the bokeh.

Nadege, said...

Beautiful Christmas Shots, love your decorations.

Jaymi said...

I love portraits with bokeh, and that last shot with the snowman is SO cute! thanks for linking up!