Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #3

Welcome to my third edition of Wild & Wonderful Wednesday!  I'm so glad you are here!  If this is your first time here, all W&WW is about is showing off a photo or two (or ten!) of something or someone you think is wild and/or wonderful.  Simple.  Just the way I like things.  :)

I have just a few photos to share this week.  We've been so busy running here and there that I haven't had much time to take many pictures.


Part of my "wild" is this photo of a couple deer visiting my neighbor's yard at dusk last week.
Deer at dusk
I very quietly went outside with my camera and tripod so I could capture them without them running off.  Thankfully I was able to get a few shots in before my loud and obnoxious wonderful boys came out to see what I was doing outside.  :)  I'm hoping to get another opportunity and get a clearer photo.  Between the wind blowing the trees and the super slow shutter speed and the fact that deer move when you want them to be still, I didn't get as crisp a photo as I would have liked.  I know the deer will be back.  I just hope to get such a beautiful sky again while they are here.


This next series was also taken last week.  While we still had beautiful weather, Alex and I took advantage of the bike trail once again.
DSC_0009
This was my view of him most of the time.  I always debate whether I should take my camera along or not, because it isn't the easiest thing to run while holding a DSLR.  But I'd hate to miss a photo opportunity, so I carry it.  I'm actually getting pretty good at running while holding it.  :)


DSC_0010
I was actually trying to capture some leaves while they were falling off the trees, but I ended up with these of Alex riding his bike.  The lighting makes me happy!  :)


DSC_0011
You can see I was able to capture some leaves falling, but it wasn't what I was going for.  And since most of the leaves are gone now, I'll probably have to wait until next year to try for the photo I want.


DSC_0018
This photo makes me happy because of all the delicious bokeh.  I love me some bokeh!  :)  It  was so pretty that morning.  Even the trail was sparkling!

Okay, now it is your turn!  Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.  
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button for your post and link up below.
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photos must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers (mine too please!).  We know how much everyone loves comments!
5.  Please bear with me while I work out the kinks of my new photo party!  Thanks!
6.  You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!
A Fresh Perspective



Also linking up with:
NapTime MomTog      Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}      Adventures & Misadventures of Daily Living

17 comments:

Misty said...

Yay! I finally get to participate in your challenge! Great photos, btw.

Nadege, said...

Love the silhouette and that bokeh is lovely.
Great pics of the bike trail and your little one.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! These are gorgeous!! Love that first one.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos! I am so excited I got to link up this week! :)

Seeing Each Day said...

I know what you mean about deliberating between taking the camera or not - I didn't on a recent bike ride and so wished I had. Really enjoyed looking through all these captures. I think you should feel very proud of the first one, particularly love your second one and adore the clever bokeh in your last one.

Ellie said...

Beautiful pictures, the light you have in them is wonderful.

Ashley Sisk said...

That first shot is pretty awesome!

Laura said...

That light on the trail makes me happy toooo!

Tami Weingartner said...

Oh how lovely is that first silhouette...Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm your newest follower.

That's an incredible silhouette. Great capture.

Bella Vida by Letty
Have a great day.

alicia said...

Stunning photos! I just stumbled upon your linky and I'll have to try to remember it for next week.

Cordial Chaos said...

Beautiful pictures! I love that you can see the leaves falling :)

Gretchen said...

I made it this week!! Love the deer at dusk shot... very nice! Wonderful collection as always!

EMily said...

Beautiful shot of the deer! I totally missed out on an opportunity because I was too slow to get the camera! Great lighting and bokeh in those last shots!

scrapinbabygal said...

Hi
I am new to this link up for Wild Wednesday! I absolutely love your photos. The deer photos is so stunning and incredible capture. Also LOVE the photo of your son- seeing my son run wild in nature is my favorite capture as well. Such brilliant colors on those photos as well! Have a good week!

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

Love all your photos!!! the deer one is just stunning!!

Natasha xx

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

there is no linky for me to link up my photo's :-(