Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday #2

Welcome back to my second week of Wild & Wonderful Wednesday!  Today just happens to be the 15th wedding anniversary for Doug and me.  Wow!  I can't believe it has been 15 years! I don't think I'm old enough to have been married that long.  :)


Thank you to everyone who linked up last week!  And for those of you who gave my new photo party a shout out on your blog!  (you know who you are)  :)

I have a variety of photos to share this week.  Just a few that I took recently that make me smile.
Alex at playground
I took Alex to the playground on Saturday while his sister was on a field trip to the circus and his brother was at a birthday party.  He apparently thought it was more fun to ride on the dino's head than on its back.  :)

Milkweed fluff2
We brought home some milkweed seed pods the other day so we can plant the seeds for our future Monarchs.  I thought it would be fun to see what I could get with my macro filter and the fluffy stuff that the seeds are attached to.  Well, let me tell you ... photographing milkweed fluff is no easy task.  First, don't breathe or it will fly away.  Second, don't let the dog walk past wagging her tail or it will fly away.  Third, don't let the kids run past or ... well you get the idea.  :)  For this photo, I added a layer of soft pink at 16% opacity.  Mouse over to see the clean edit version.
      Adventures & Misadventures of Daily Living  Scattered Horizons  Live, Love, TRAVEL   

Pretty bird
This bird stayed in the tree long enough for me to get off a couple shots.

Alex biking
Since we removed Alex's training wheels, he just keeps getting better and better at riding his bike.  As I wrote on Monday, I had to do a lot of running to keep up with him on the bike trail.  He was doing awesome!  Now I'm thinking he needs a new bike for Christmas.  His legs are getting a little long for this one.  :)

Nick's silly face
Anytime I try to take pictures of Nicholas, I always end up with a few faces like this.  This boy knows how to make me smile.

get happy!
Finally, I dare you to look at this and not smile.  Can't do it, can you?  :)


Now it's your turn to link up your Wild and/or Wonderful photos!
Just a few things first ...
1.  Grab my button and link up below.
2.  Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3.  Photo(s) must be yours please.
4.  Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers.  We know how much everyone loves comments!
5.  Please bear with me while I work out the kinks of my new photo party!  Thanks!
A Fresh Perspective




Also linking up with:
NapTime MomTog    Live and Love...Out Loud   and then, she {snapped}   


14 comments:

Unknown said...

The milkweed shot is so interesting and I love the light Kimberly! I also like the bird in the tree. The lines and composition are lovely. Thank you for sharing and for linking up with Tones on Tuesday! I will be back tomorrow to link up :o).

Nadege, said...

I love what you have done with the milkweed shot. Lovely collection of images.

I'll link up next Wednesday if I get the chance to post.

Laura said...

Oooh... I like the milkweed shot! It's dreamy. By the way... got my macro filters a few days ago.

Grandma Deal said...

Your children's photos tickle me. They must surely be fun to have around. ;o) I enjoyed your photos and the comments you put under them.

Ashley Sisk said...

These are great - the second shot is rather magical.

Melissa said...

Beautiful photos, as always, Kim! I'm so sorry I didn't do your link up today!I haven't taken any pics! I will try to remember to do it next week! Happy Anniversary!!! :)

Cordial Chaos said...

Great pics! I love your son's shirt! I have many of those crazy face pics of my kids too :)

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary!!! :)
I love that milkweed shot...so dream-like!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary yesterday was mine and my husbands Anniversary too! 3 years! It was a great day to be married!

Jaymi said...

these are great shots! I love the pink layer on that milkweed shot! And haha--don't breathe is an awesome tip! Thanks for linking up!

Anonymous said...

Love the milkweed seed shot! gorgeous pictures.. Im a new follower :)

Anonymous said...

Great shots. I love that second one. Gorgeous!

Gretchen said...

Happy Anniversary!!! 15 years is awesome!!! SO... I'm back!! With a computer that moves. I'll be visiting again more regularly now!!! I'll also get to this new linky of yours... next week though. Great set! The second one is so dreamy.

faith ann raider said...

thanks so much for linking up!! this week's theme is "favorite"