Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, October 16, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 10.16.11

Time for another Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  This week's items are abstract, round, fire, seeing faces in strange places, and stars.


{abstract}
abstract
I did the twirl effect on this photo.

{round}
round
These balls belong to a fun game Nick and I played while at the farm last Sunday.

{fire}
fire
The kids asked the other night if we could have a camp fire and roast marshmallows while the weather was still nice.  Of course I obliged.

{seeing faces in strange places}
seeing-faces
On the way home from swim lessons on Tuesday, the boys and I swung by a local lake where we noticed this chicken perched on a stump.  Since there are no farms nearby, this is certainly a strange place to see this chicken face.

{stars}
stars
Alex has these cheap star glasses (think Dollar Store), so we had a little fun with them for this prompt ... Honey, Alex, me (another rare selfie), and Nick.  Honey and Nick were less than thrilled.  I had to bribe Alex with a treat.  :)


Next week's Hunt items are:

  1. Words
  2. Under (Paper Heart Camera prompt)
  3. Orange (Shades of Autumn prompt)
  4. Fly (Abby's suggestion)
  5. Always Look on the Bright Side (Anika's suggestion)

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Great shots! I love the chicken one!

f8hasit said...

I hae to say that I like the fire one the best myself. But there's something about fire that I always find mesmerizing! Beautiful photo!
:-)

Lauren said...

Love your "fire" shot, makes me feel so warm just looking at it!

Unknown said...

Your abstract is so gorgeous...wow...great set.

Tamar SB said...

I love your fire and abstract, such an awesome effect you gave the picture - it's perfect!

Ashley Sisk said...

LOVE your abstract shot. gorgeous.

Simon said...

I've got to try that abstract thing...Love your fun stars shot, but my fave is the fire. Well done.

Lish @ Imprintalish said...

LOVE your abstract and fire shots...beautiful!

Anonymous said...

These are great photos...the colors on the round photo are amazing. Can't wait to see next weeks photos.

Susan said...

LOVE, Love, love your shots, especially the abstract, fire and chicken!!! I wonder what it was doing so far away from home. Your star collage is so cute as well, great captures one and all.

SarahinSC said...

Great star collage. I could give Honey some lovin' I think. She looks so sweet! And, that abstract shot is stunning! I've never used twirl. I'll have to check that out. I'm also your new follower.

Unknown said...

Great set, Kimberly! Loved your abstract and Fire shot! Beautiful! And it was great to see a selfie!

Sara said...

Great set, love your fire shot, so cozy and warm! Fantastic self portrait!

deb duty said...

Love your set of photos! The chicken is my favorite. It's a lovely photo.

Unknown said...

Any person that can take a picture of blue golf bars and make it look like art is an amazing photographer!

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Really great set. Loving the first one! How did you do that? I love that game too!

Traci Michele said...

wow wow wow!

Come link up with your photo posts at Capturing Beauty at Ordinary Inspirations on Mondays? Pretty please? Traci

Gretchen said...

You're abstract shot is outstanding!! Great set!! =)

Misty said...

I'm really impressed with that fire shot!