Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, September 25, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 9.25.11

Time for another Scavenger Hunt!  After missing last week due to my weekend away with my wonderful husband, I'm glad to be back this week.  Our items to find this week were Low Key, The Color Wheel - Monochromatic/Analogous Color, Circle, Scarf, and Phone.  I don't think I nailed a few of these, but here they are anyway. :)

{low key}
low key
So I thought it would be cool to take a picture of the kids while they were watching their portable DVD player.  I told them they needed to be really still so the photo wasn't blurry.  They decided that they should hold their breath also, which is why they have chipmunk cheeks.  I'm not sure this is "low key" but I'm sticking with it.  And I'm embracing the noise.  :)

{color wheel}
color wheel
Again, not sure this is exactly right, but this yellowish/white mushroom in the green grass, I thought, fell into the analogous category.  Maybe?


{circle}
circle
This is actually from my archives.  It was taken at our local farm show back in August.  It would have been even better if there had been a horse hooked up to it and someone driving the cart, but I take what I can get.

{scarf}
scarf
Taken this morning after church.  Keira wearing her sparkly scarf.

{phone}
phone
Also taken after church this morning.  I'm probably one of the few people left on the planet that still has a TracFone as opposed to one of the new smart phones (hence the occasional smart-phone envy on my part).  But I can make and receive calls and even text on it, so it works for me right now.  And it doesn't cost us an arm and a leg to have it, which is even better.  I love the look on Nick's face ... like "don't bother me, I'm texting."  (He wasn't really though ... just pretending so Mom could get a picture for this category).  :)

If you'd like to join in for next week (and you really should if you haven't been!), the items to find are:

  1. Inspired by a Book or Movie
  2. Brown (Paper Heart Camera prompt)
  3. Hazy (Olivia's suggestion)
  4. Coffee or Tea (Olivia's suggestion)
  5. Linger (Olivia's suggestion)  

Head over to Ashley's to see other interpretations of this week's hunt items.  I'm looking forward to seeing what some others have come up with!
Have a great Sunday!

15 comments:

Lui said...

Those are fun takes. The kids are surely having fun! Great models too.

Since I commute a lot now and try to travel light, I use my nephew's hand-me-down old mobile phone for security reasons (like I won't cry buckets if it gets stolen or what) so I think it works some days. ;-)

Ashley Sisk said...

Look at us with our headless portraits - love that. I also really like your low key shot. I saw some very similar shrooms in my yard earlier today...until my husband pulled them.

Susan said...

Love these!!! Especially the mushroom and the low key. Enjoy your Sunday!

Unknown said...

Wow. These are great! I should have had my daughter pose with my scarf instead of my dog, but I think the dog was more willing at the time!!
Love the mushroom shot.
xo
lynn

Anonymous said...

Great shots. Love that second shot and the scarf shot. Wonderful job!

Eve Victorie said...

I love your scarf shot! :)

http://essenceofevephotography.blogspot.com/

Laura said...

Ooooh! I like the scarf picture!

And the first one cracked me up about them holding their breath to be still.

Sheila said...

Great Shots! The Shroom Shot is amazing! I don't think I have ever seen a shrrom like that before!

Unknown said...

The mushroom picture is SO pretty. WOW. I love it. All of your pictures are very sweet. LOVE the black and white one of the kids. Cute.

Valeria said...

I really love your processing. Phone is my favorite, handsome boy, cute expression.

Cedar said...

That mushroom is really interesting and great capture! I love you low key and the scarf is an impressive composition! Great set!

Kat Sloma said...

Almost analogous - kind of chromatic gradation. Still perfectly on theme, regardless of what you want to call it! Thanks for linking in to Exploring with a Camera.

Carletta said...

I haven't participated in weeks but I always enjoy looking at some of the entries. Your thumbnail shot of the headless Keira was a teaser. I know someone who shoots similar type shots. Love your shot!
And, I too, sadly, have a TracFone but I'd love an IPhone. Sigh....

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

You know me. I love love the mushroom. Fantastic. We only get boring white ones. :(

Teachinfourth said...

I love that top image...the 'chipmunk cheeks' really add to the image.