Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, September 11, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 9.11.11

Time, once again, for another Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  This week's items are Bokeh, Process of Elimination, Remember, Statues, and Flying High.  I have to admit that all of my photos are from the archives.  We've had so much rain this past week (it is raining again as I type this) and I have had no inspiration whatsoever to go out and take photos.  But I think I found some photos that fit this week's categories.  Let's see if you agree ...

{bokeh}
bokeh
Alex on his first day of Kindergarten.  When I finally got a decent smile out of him (by telling him not to smile - it works every time), I also got some pretty bokeh from the trees in the background.

{process of elimination}
Process of Elimination
Okay, so this one might be a stretch but in order to get a decent photo of the alligator (or is it a crocodile?), I had to put my lens almost inside the fence in order to eliminate the fence from appearing in the photo.  

{remember}
Remember
This is how small our sweet golden retriever, Honey, was when we first brought her home back in January 2009.  A mere 13 pounds of squishy, huggable puppyness.  Seeing this really makes me want another puppy.  She's needs a playmate, right?  :)
Photography love...


{statues}
statues
From the last time my husband and I got away for a weekend, a statue in the Erie Zoo. 

{flying high}
flying-high
Keira on the 1,001 Nights ride at the Farm Show.  We watched from safety on the ground.  I'm getting too old for rides like this.  :)




Next week's items are:

  1. Street Photography
  2. From a Distance (Paper Heart Camera prompt)
  3. Sunday (Danielle's suggestion)
  4. Liquid (Danielle's suggestion)
  5. Behind (Shay's suggestion)    

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great shots! I really like the alligator and the one at the fair!

Michelle said...

Great series, Kimberly. I love the alligator shot and the one of your son with all the pretty bokeh. And...yeah, Honey could use a playmate. :)

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

What lovely photos Kimberly. I had to laugh when I heard how you get your son to smile for you! - I can just make out his adult front teeth there on the bottom row.

I don't think my inner ear could cope with that farm show ride!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots. Love that first one and the flying high. So neat!!

Gretchen said...

Well done! I like them all... not sure which I'd say was a favorite. Here's to a less rainy week! I've been trying to motivate myself WITH the rain... there's only so much you can do though! We had sun today (and more rain too)... hope you did too! =D

Valeria said...

Love your statue shot

Charmaine Poulin said...

Yikes! I can't do rides either!!! Love the last shots though!!!!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful series. Fantastic smile on your handsome young man. I will have to try your method. They are all wonderful shots.

Ashley Sisk said...

Beautiful work this week - really love your bokeh shot.