Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, August 1, 2011

Sunsets ... SOOC

Good Monday morning to you!  And welcome back to another Shoot & Edit/Good to WOW! photo challenge.  This week's theme is SUNSET.  

We have some beautiful sunsets here in western Pennsylvania, but it is a challenge to capture one that doesn't have a bunch of wires going through it, which is what I get when I photograph them from my home.  I did manage to capture a few recently ... minus wires :), which is what I am sharing today.

sunset-sooc1
This first one is from June.  We spent an evening fishing at a local lake (back when it wasn't so hot and the fish were still biting) and we stopped at a boat dock to capture a few sunset photos.  It was wonderful to view a sunset at the lake.

sunset-sooc2
This second one was taken at my church.  I love the orange glow of the sky.

sunset-sooc3
For this last one, I was channeling my inner Katie Lloyd.  :)  I decided to see what the sunset would look like out of focus.  I think it turned out pretty neat.


See you back here on Thursday with my edits!  Have a blessed week!

7 comments:

karren said...

I love your sunsets. I got some great ones in Hawaii last november. Like you, I need to get out of my neighborhood to get one unobstructed. LOL! NOT that far out! I love your sun flare on the first one. Magnificent!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are so beautiful - and I'm the same...can't really see much in my neighborhood but I've been too lazy to get out and about.

Cedar said...

Beautiful! The first one is my favorite with the circles, but these are all gorgeous!

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

These are beautiful - I struggle with wires too.

Sara said...

Beautiful sunsets! Love the first one!
And I love the last one, it would never have occurred to me to do it out of focus but I love it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos.

SKCPhotos said...

Beautiful sunset shots.