Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, July 14, 2011

Skies the Limit ... edited

Welcome back to the Thursday edition of Shoot & Edit/Good to WOW ... the unveiling of the edits day.  :)  As I said in my post on Monday, I was very pleased with my SOOC shots so I didn't do much as far as editing goes.  Just pumped up the vibrancy some to make the blue sky bluer.

Mouse over each photo to see the SOOC version ...
Skies the limit1 edited
I also cropped this one slightly.


Skies the limit3 edited
On this photo I also used the spot healing tool to remove some spots.  Apparently I had dust on my lens.


Skies the limit2 edited
Just the basic editing done to this one.


I like quick and easy edits.  


EDITED TO ADD:  Sarah at Naptime Momtog suggested that I combine these two photos, so I gave it a try.
Two photos combined
I opened the sunshine photo then placed the steeple photo on top and used the Lighten blending mode.  (After trying several blending modes, that one looked the best).  What do you think?


Looking forward to seeing your edits!  And I will be around to visit today.  The kids and I have been enjoying our great weather for the past few days, which is why I haven't been around.  But today my husband is fixing the brakes on my car, so I'm enjoying a relaxing day at home.  Well, a day at home.  Not sure how relaxing it will be.  :)


Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Love your edits. You know what would be neat is if you combined the two photos. Had the sun beam shining on the cross. :) Just an idea. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love it combined. So awesome!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Awe inspiring!! Really - just WOW!

Ashley Sisk said...

Love that you kept your edits very subtle...and I LOVE the final photo combo you did. That looks awesome.

Gretchen said...

Great shots and lovely edits! I keep meaning to jump on the Shoot & Edit bandwagon... just not there yet. Maybe in the fall when I have more free time!!

Cedar said...

INCREDIBLE! I love them all, and the subtle change is perfect. The combined photo is beautiful!