Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, July 3, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 7.3.11

This week's Scavenger Hunt items were a little tricky.  In fact, I dug into the archives for two of them.  Mainly because I forgot to write down the list until Friday so I had limited time to find everything.  I'll be sure to write next week's items down today.  :)


The items this week are Pop of color, Crossing thresholds, X-ray, Toy, and Hidden or farm.  Here are my interpretations ...
{pop of color}
pop-of-color
We visited the zoo this week and saw many of the animals up and moving that are typically sleeping.  It was great!  This gorilla was munching on some breakfast.  I thought the carrot against his black fur was a great representation of a pop of color.


{crossing thresholds}
crossing-thresholds
This was a tough one for me.  So this is from the archives ... Alex crossing a bridge at Jennings when we went for a nature walk back in March.


{x-ray}
x-ray
Another one from the archives.  I actually have photos of X-rays from when Keira broke her arm last August, so I was excited to see this as a category.  :)  This shows the fracture in her arm - where the arrow is.


{toy}
toy
Just one of the many toy cars the boys have.


{hidden}
hidden
The octopus at the zoo is usually hidden back in a dark corner where you can barely see him.  The day we went he was moving all over the place and climbing up the glass.  It was so cool!  Although he was hard to photograph since it was so dark, so please excuse the blurs.  Super slow shutter speed.


Next week's items are:

  1. Things that look like a letter of the alphabet
  2. Weather (Paper Heart Camera theme 7/10)
  3. Bling (Heidi's suggestion)
  4. Tangled (Heidi's suggestion)
  5. Dark (Heidi's suggestion)

Looking forward to seeing what you came up with!  Happy Independence Day to my U.S. friends!  Have a great week everyone!

20 comments:

Melissa said...

Great pics! Love your new header, too!

Unknown said...

the toy pic is perfect. great job!

Laura said...

That pic of the gorilla is awesome! And I love the octopus one too! I've never got a pic of the octopus yet. Maybe next winter when I go and the aquarium is empty and I have time to play around... as long as he comes out again.

Ashley Sisk said...

You did such a great job this week - I love your xray shot and your crossing thresholds shot too!

Gina Kleinworth said...

That is the most perfect toy shot!

Unknown said...

I love the toy car! Can you believe in a family of boys we've never had one x-ray, or even stitches!

A'n'G Johnson said...

The last two are incredible!

Anonymous said...

I think this is the only real xray I have seen! Great job and love the threshold.

Susan said...

Oh these were just awsesome. Love your hidden one.

Hope you have a blessed day♥

4 Lettre Words said...

Goodness...how sweet is that big guy in the 1st one?!? Adorable! And, I really love that hidden shot. Amazing color!

Angee @ October Morning said...

I love the car. That octopus...wow. Great shot.

Stefanie Brown said...

Cool shots! The gorilla shot is a hoot!
Nicely done...

Marianela said...

Your photos are awesome! The details of the pictures are great! :)

Valeria said...

Love your work. Perfect shot on Pop of color

Misty said...

These are incredible!!! Every last one!

Michelle said...

Great job on the hunt, Kimberly! I wasn't too happy with mine this week so I almost didn't post them. I also swapped out my Threshold one at the last minute; now I regret it. Sometimes they're tough!

Love your pop of color, your toy, and the X-ray. I like the new look to your blog, too. I'll be changing mine soon as well.

Unknown said...

Great shots! I laughed at the first one, that gorilla looks so funny!

Carmen said...

Great photos for me the most challenging one was the x-ray prompt because although I have two boys I have yet to have a broken bone.... knock on wood it stays like that. Love the gorilla and the octopus.

Unknown said...

Great job! Love the thresholds and hidden shots!

Kristin said...

What fun. I've never done the scavenger hunt thing, but I love seeing everyone's interpretations and might have to give it a try some time. I really like your crossing thresholds shot; it's really nice.