Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Photo of the Day: July 12

July 12
ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/1250s, 55-200mm lens
The kids and I met some friends at a local lake today.  We had great fun.  And, man, was it hot!  We all came home a bit crispy.  I'm not as crispy as the kids because I hung out in the shade most of the time.  (Fair-skinned redhead that I am ... the sun and I don't get along real well.  Even with #50 sunblock on.)  Anyway, on the way out of the park, we drove down to a boat launch to look for milkweed.  (Yeah, I know.  I'm a bit obsessed.)  While there we saw this heron (Great Blue Heron?) wading along the shore.  I got as close to him as I could, but then he took off.  I really wish I would have increased my aperture and gotten a sharper photo.  But that's what this photography journey is all about ... learning from my mistakes.  I'm still excited that I was able to capture him in mid air.
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great capture. Really awesome. I think it looks good.

Melissa said...

You know I love this one! And i know how hard it is to get a shot of those birds from trying to get some of those egrets at the lakes! This is a great shot, Kim!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I just love your nature photography! Thanks for sharing. See you Monday!

Ashley Sisk said...

I think it looks incredible.

Unknown said...

That is awesome!!! Great job! And I'm feeling a bit crispy today, too! Ow!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Yes, it's a Great Blue. They look so prehistoric while in flight. Nice catch!

Tiffany said...

So pretty, love that you were able to catch him/her in flight!

Tiffany

Gretchen said...

I think this is a great shot too! Great find! =)

Misty said...

Incredible! Beautiful details!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Beautiful. What a wonderful capture!