Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, February 21, 2011

Shoot & Edit: Pink SOOC

Good Monday Morning to you!  I hope you had a wonderful, refreshing weekend!


I am once again participating in the weekly Shoot & Edit challenge, where I post a SOOC (straight out of camera) shot on Monday, then post the edited version on Thursday.  


On Monday Jill provides us with some great information on how to get the photo right in the camera so not much editing is needed.  Then on Thursday Ashley teaches some great editing techniques to help us take our photos from Good to Wow!  I've really learned a great deal from this and we're only a few weeks in!


This week's theme is PINK.  I will be honest.  I really struggled with this one.  Even though I have a daughter, she doesn't really like pink all that much anymore.  And I don't care for it that much either.  So pink things were few and far between here.  I searched and searched until I came up with this ...
Pink SOOC


We got our daughter, Keira, a pink iPod Shuffle for her birthday last year.  Before I knew that she didn't really like pink.  :)  I sort of copied Ashley's composition from last week when her husband was holding a bouquet of flowers.  Mainly because Keira didn't want her picture taken.  She was being quite impatient with me and only allowed a few shots before she went back to what she was doing before I interrupted her.


My kids are so fickle.  She went from wanting a mini photo shoot the other day to not wanting her picture taken at all.  Geez!  :)


Anyway, I actually have already done a couple edits to this and they turned out pretty cool!  I'm excited about them and can't wait to post them on Thursday!


Stop over at Jill's and see some other great SOOC shots.  And play along too!



11 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Nicely done. I love the light here.

Ashley Sisk said...

That works - great use of your light.

Amy H. said...

love the cropping

Unknown said...

awesome job! this is beautifully done :-)

Mommy2Four said...

I love the composition and the lighting....great job!

R said...

love it - you still captured personality! i also couldn't find much pink - totally appreciate how this turned out.

jillconyers said...

Awesome shot with great composition. My daughter rarely wears pink anymore.

Michelle said...

My daughter isn't into pink either. Cute composition...I'll have to remember this for my teenagers who rarely want their pictures taken.

Michelle R said...

fun shot -- love the perspective and the story!

kids are the greatest!!

Ang said...

Love your perspective and composition! So great!

Brownie said...

I love the shot and the colors!