Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What a Day!

This is going to be a quick post because I am exhausted from the circumstances of today.


Short version ... Doug got hurt while working with a router (power tool) in our back yard this morning.  He ended up with stitches in 3 fingers and emergency surgery on his middle finger, which he broke in 3 places.  It could have been a lot worse.  He didn't lose any fingers.


He is spending the night at the hospital and will be home tomorrow.  


We're both bummed because we were going to go away this weekend.  Hotel reservations were made and babysitters were lined up.  We don't get many opportunities to go away.


I'll write tomorrow about the details.  In the meantime, if you wouldn't mind remembering us in your prayers, I'd really appreciate it.


I'm going to bed.  I'm beat!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I will definitely pray for you guys. Thank God he didn't lose his fingers, but I'm sure recovery will not be fun. Keep us posted!

Laura said...

Ugh. I cringe at stuff like that! Weak stomach.

I've been praying for you guys. And that the injuries would stop! And hopefully you can still get some time away even if you don't get to do what you planned.

Anonymous said...

((Hugs)) and prayers.

kathryn said...

Oh, honey! I'm so sorry to hear about Doug's accident.

But I'm glad he's keeping all those fingers for use for .....the rest of his life!

You'll get another trip away...you know that.

Glad he's okay!