Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sick day?

When he got up this morning, Alex told me he was "sick" and wanted to stay home.  He didn't have a fever but I don't like to have him around other kids when he's possibly sick.  I don't want to be the cause of everyone else's kids getting sick.  So we stayed home.  And I missed Bible study this morning, which is a bummer because I'm really enjoying it.  


Doug is back to work today and Keira and Nick are at school, which just leaves the two of us.


I got a few things done around the house while Alex was watching a movie.  Then we played the "shapes game" for a while.  It is called Playful Patterns and is a great learning resource for little hands.  It's not really a "game" but that's how I get him to play with it.  ;)

Then Alex decided he wanted to watch another movie.  I don't usually like him to watch so much TV, but I said okay because it is cold and rainy today and it is a good day to stay inside and watch movies.


After that he asked if we could play with his train.  So we played together on the floor for a while.  I decided to see if he would let me take a few pictures.  Some days he's cooperative, some days not so much.


Here's what we got today ...







I don't know ... he doesn't seem all that "sick" to me.  Maybe he just needed a day at home with mom.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love these pictures!

kathryn said...

Oh, he's a cutie-pie, alright...I think he loooves the one on one attention and it shows in these wonderful photos!