Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, May 21, 2010

Tomorrow

If you've been reading my blog lately, you will know that tomorrow is the day I've been looking forward to for a few weeks now. 

Tomorrow is the day that I will put my body and mind to the test. 

Tomorrow is the day I will be running, along with approximately 399 others, in a 5K race. 

My first 5K race.

Doug, Alex, and I drove down to check out the route this afternoon.  Yikes!  It has lots of hills and dips and an area of construction which will be really muddy tomorrow morning if it is raining like it is supposed to.  (Sorry for the really long run-on sentence!)  Which reminds me, please pray that the rain will break for about 3 hours - 8 a.m. until 11 a.m.  That'd be great!  :)

But it is all good.  I'm looking forward to it.  I plan to get there early so I can take it all in.  I don't want to miss a thing!  Plus I have no idea what to expect, so I want to make sure I cover everything.  And get a parking spot.  :)

I picked up my race packet today.  My number is 305.  I also got a long-sleeved shirt with a whole bunch of logos on it - the sponsors of the race.  Thankfully I don't have to wear that shirt in the race, although I might anyway, depending on the temperature in the morning.

I was telling Doug today that I hope my fairly new running shoes don't get ruined, but I can always reward myself with a new pair for finishing my first 5K.  :)  Any excuse to buy a new pair of shoes!

I sent the kids to bed early tonight.  I usually let them stay up a little later on the weekends, but they have to get up early too and I don't want them to be grumpy in the morning. 

And I'm going to try to go to bed early.  Not that I'll be able to sleep.  Remember how nervous/excited/anxious you felt on the night before a new school year started?  Yeah, me too.  Butterflies in the stomach.  No chance of falling asleep peacefully.  The anticipation of a fresh start.

Good times!

Doug left for work already.  He starts midnight shift tonight.  He's going to come home in the morning, change clothes, and ride down with us.  He said he will watch me start and if it is raining, go sit in the car for about 30 minutes, then come back to watch me cross the finish line.  With the kids, of course.

So wish me luck and please pray for me.  For strength, endurance, and no rain.  :)

Go me!  I can do this!

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  Phil 4:13

1 comment:

Laura said...

Go you!!! You are awesome! You are the only one to finish couch to 5k and that is a huge accomplishment! I'm proud of you for continuing to run when no one else was! You rock! Kick butt!!!!!