Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, May 27, 2010

Preschool's Ending Program

Last Thursday was Alex's last day of Preschool for this year.  I think I have mentioned it before, but I will say it again ... I really love Alex's Preschool.  And his teacher.  And her assistant.  They are all awesome!

Thursday evening was the closing program.  Both classes were there (Preschool and Pre-K).  The kids sang some songs and danced a little.  It was really cute.  Then the Pre-K class had a little graduation ceremony.  It was sweet!

And, of course, I snapped a few pics.  They are not great because I really need to learn how to take better pictures inside a dark church or auditorium from far away.  (Yes, I had my 55-200 zoom lens, but still.)  Plus little ones move so quickly.  :)

Alex waving to me.  How cute is he with his other hand in his pocket.  Mr. Casual.

Singing and dancing.  They sang a couple really cute songs.

Jordan playing her clapper.  Isn't she pretty?  She was so excited to be dressing up for graduation.  She kept telling me during the day about how pretty her dress was.

Jordan graduating.  She didn't want to mess up her pretty flower headband, so she carried her cap instead of wearing it.  Too cute!

Alex's favorite part of the evening ... the cookie social afterward.

At one point Alex's teacher gave each Preschooler a carnation to take to their moms and then they could sit with their families while the Pre-K class got ready for graduation.  While she was doing that, Alex asked (quite loudly) when it was going to be time for cookies.  Of course, everyone laughed and those who knew that I was his mom looked at me and smiled. 

I tried to get a pic of him bringing me the flower, but he was moving too fast and it turned out blurry.  :(

One last thing ... Alex complained about having to go to school for the last couple weeks.  He asks me every night what we are doing tomorrow.  When I would tell him he was going to school, he would whine, "Aaawww, but I don't wanna go to schoooooool" in his most whiney voice.  This week, now that he no longer has school, he whines about NOT going.   There's just no pleasing this boy.  :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Those are my favorite kind of cooooookieeees! Oh how I miss them.