Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, May 14, 2010

PALMS Spring Social

This evening our PALMS group got together for our annual Spring Social.  [PALMS is a group of preschoolers and moms.  We meet twice a month September thru May - the kids go to a play room while the moms go to a separate room and talk to other adults for a change.  :)]

The Spring Social is a night out for moms only.  We usually pick a unique location that we normally would not go to.  Tonight's dinner was held at the Rosehaven Bed~Breakfast & More.  It was delightful!  Thanks, Colleen, for picking such a great place!

There were 9 of us that were able to go tonight.  And we really had a very nice time.  The food was great.  And there was A LOT of it!  First salad and rolls, then soup and rolls, then dinner and rolls :), then dessert (no rolls w/dessert).  :)

Check out the dessert!

Each of us got a plate like this.  Um, so, yeah, I ate sugar tonight.  :)  But just a little.  I took a few bites of the turtle cheesecake and a few bites of the yummy chocolate cake.  I brought the rest home which I might share with the young'ns tomorrow.  Along with a good deal of my dinner.  I was pretty much full after salad and soup.

I decided to go ahead and post this tonight since I probably won't be able to get to sleep with all the fun and sugar/chocolate consumption.  :)

Anyway, I had my mother-in-law, who along with my father-in-law watched the young'ns tonight so I could go, take my picture before I left so I can prove to my kids that I do actually exist (since there are few pictures of me since I'm always behind the camera).  Plus I don't get dressed up too often, so it seemed appropriate to snap a pic or two.

This is the new dress I bought at Kohl's on Wednesday.

It is really long and flowy (is that a word?).  I borrowed my daughter's black strappy heels to wear with it.  Can you imagine?!  Me borrowing shoes from my 11 year old daughter!  I guess I should enjoy it now because her feet are going to be bigger soon and we won't be able to trade shoes for much longer.

Here is a picture of the group of us.

Pictured left to right:
Tonya who is our Coordinator this year, Kimberlie, Colleen (with her eyes closed!), Deanna, Sarah, Me, Amy, Jean (our Titus Woman), and Karen (who is pregnant with baby #2 and due in October - sweet!).

Thanks, ladies, for such a nice evening out!

Looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love your dress!!!

& my, that dessert plate looks AMAZING! :)