Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, May 13, 2010

10 pounds of poop?!

When I'm in the locker room at the gym, I overhear conversations.  I'm not trying to, mind you.  It just happens.  The room isn't that big and if women are talking loud enough to hear, try as I might not to hear them, I hear them.

Today's conversation was comical.  Two women that I don't know come in talking about their workouts this morning.  The one tells the other one that if she is bored during her workout, she doesn't burn any calories.  Huh?  I don't care if you are bored or not, if you are moving, you are burning calories.

The conversation continued to get more bizarre.  Women #1 told woman #2 that she was going to weigh herself to see if she lost any weight since she weighed herself earlier that morning.   She weighed and proceeded to tell her that she went from 186 pounds to 181 pounds just since this morning. 

Hmmm. 

That's great, but why? woman #2 asked. 

Because I pooped after I weighed myself this morning, woman #1 replied.

Really?  woman #2.

What?!  (me, thinking to myself)

Yeah, my nutritionist told me that you can lose up to 10 pounds just by pooping, said woman #1.

Seriously?!  (me again ... thinking to myself)

Especially if you've eaten a lot of meat and stuff, woman #1 said.

Now, I'm not a nutritionist, but common sense tells me that if you have a BM every day, which you should by the way, you're not going to have 10 pounds of fecal matter in your body.

Eeeeeeuuuuuwwwww!

That seriously grossed me out!

Then on the way out she was showing the flabby part of her upper arm to her friend.  Apparently she has lost 140 pounds (good for her!!!) and she has all this extra skin to deal with.

While I'm glad she's lost so much weight, she really needs to not wear tank tops with those flabby arms lest she put out an eye.

I'm just sayin'.

:)

6 comments:

Life is 5 Minutes Long said...

Well umm the first thing that came ot mind is (is she full of S#*t.) I know bad but it has been said by Dr. OZ. That if you are impacted (GROSS) that you can lose as much as 10 lbs. at one time. (EWWWW) Thus maybe she was ful of *&%^....Jenn

Laura said...

hahahaha... Love the comment above!

And I am wondering if I also happened to be in the locker room at a different point this morning with these same two ladies. I just know that at some point there was a woman standing by the mirror pulling up her shirt and talking about all this extra flabby skin she should have cut off or whatever. I didn't have my glasses on and my mind was distracted (I ran in to the enemy at the gym) so I wasn't paying too much attention to them. But yeah... you're right... if you are regular you should be losing ten pounds a poop.

Melissa said...

HAHA! This was the funniest post EVER!

That woman is nuts! LOL.

I have weighed before & after a poop before - i only lost a pound or two! & it's not like it's actual WEIGHT (fat) that you're losing!! HAHA.

Also, if she had just finished working out when they were having this conversation - that's another reason she lost so much - you weigh less right after your workout. I only know this b/c i stepped on the scale right after a work out just to see once. LOL.

Unknown said...

Jenn - I like your theory! :)

Laura - You may be right about hearing them on their way in. I don't remember seeing them in the fitness center, but I was done showering and was on my way out when this was going on.

Maybe I should have submitted this post for Girl Talk? :)

Melissa - Thanks! I was amused.

:)

Jenn said...

Swing by my blog when yo uget a chance, there's something waiting for you!! :)

Jenna said...

hahahaha!!!

As a Celiac Girl I will have to say it is possible to loose that much weight after a #2 but I'm almost embarassed to blog that...