Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, May 31, 2010

It's finally ready!!!

It has been a long time coming, but Doug finally finished my scrapbook room today!  Woo hoo!

I put a second coat of paint on the walls on Sunday, which was much more difficult this time with the counter and cabinets already installed.  But I needed to because the paint we used the first time was from Sherwin Williams and we just had enough to paint the room, minus the corners.  We decided instead of spending the money to put trim in the corners, we would see if Lowe's could match the color and use their much less expensive paint to finish and touch up.  Well, they could and we did.  Except that you could see a difference everywhere I touched up with the Lowe's paint.  The color matched perfectly but it looked shinier or something.  That was going to bug me, so I repainted the entire room yesterday.  (Keira was sick so we stayed home from church, so I got busy first thing.  I didn't even get a shower until 3 p.m.!)

Doug picked up some crown trim yesterday, finished it and let it dry over night.  Then he installed it today.  Plus he put up my organizers I ordered from Organize More.  (Love them!)  I got them in sage green to add a little contrast to my lavender walls.

Doug put together the bookshelves we got at IKEA and my room is complete!

I snapped a couple pics of it before it gets all filled up with all my crap, er, scrapbook essentials.  :)

This is the view from the doorway.  The countertop is on the right. 
It is about 12.5 feet long!  The whole length of the room.

The view from the door - the left side of the room. 
 The cabinet in the back corner and the bookshelves from IKEA
Doug had to notch out the top of the cabinet because of the lip on the top of the wall.

The view from the inside corner cabinet.

The view from the other inside corner.  My IKEA bookshelves.  And you can see my little space heater in the corner ... in case I get chilly in the winter.  :)

These are my organizers from Organize More.   They are pretty awesome.  I was filling the one with ink pads while waiting for the pics to upload in this post.

Once I get my crap, er, my scrapbook essentials in the room, I'll post updated pics.

I do still need to get a couple things ... a new chair (one that sits high enough at the counter), a chair pad so I don't ruin the new floor, blinds and curtains for my windows, and a pegboard/bulletin board for the wall behind the counter.  The one I will be facing most of the time.  I'd like it to possibly be a place to put work in progress.  Not sure yet.  But I love the possibilities!

Yay!  Now to finish Keira's bedroom!  After that we're taking a break from working on the house and will be working on fully funding our emergency fund.  It is coming along nicely, but it will go even faster when we're not spending money on the house.

6 comments:

Mrs. Frogster said...

jealous. yep, I am super jealous!
haha your new craft room is awesome. Can't wait to see when it is all filled up with crafty goodness!

Melissa said...

WOW!! This is SOOO nice!!! I know you're going to LOVE it! (I know you already do, but you know what i mean!) :)

Laura said...

Jealous! I wish I had a room in my house that I could lock myself in for hours at a time haha. And I would love to have more time to scrapbook. I need to finish Jason's ABC one. Want to plan a night to meet up at Panera and scrap???

Unknown said...

Well, ladies ... I'm so glad I was able to make you all jealous. :)

Seriously, I am actually humbled by the fact that Doug loves me enough to have agreed to making me this room. I just love him! And not just because he made the room, mind you.

I'll be moving in slowly this week. It is actually hard to decide where I want everything. But it is a good problem to have.

:)

Jenna said...

Oh how wonderful! Wish I had a room just for my stuff that was that organized!

Jenn said...

Are you kidding me??!! It looks like a room straight out of a scrapbooking magazine!! It's fabulous!!! Good for you! Enjoy!