Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, February 11, 2010

Silly girl

Keira and I were talking today about the new Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian movie. More specifically about how people will probably remember the numbers for pi.

When Larry Daley and Amelia Earhart and trying to find the combination to make the Tablet of Ahkmenrah work for the evil Kahmunrah (Ahkmenrah's brother), they seek the help of the Einstein bobbleheads.

The Einstein's tell them that the answer is pi. 3.14159265.

Larry tries to get the numbers right, but can't remember the correct order. So 3.14159265 is said a few times in that part of the movie.

Now I hear my kids saying 3.14159265 all the time.

3 point 1 4 1 5 9 2 6 5

I even remember it. :)

So I said to Keira, I bet there are a lot of people who will now remember the numbers for pi after seeing that movie a gazillion times like we have.

Keira, in all her innocence, says to me: Why are there secret numbers?

Me: What do you mean?

Keira: If there is a number for pie, why isn't there a number for pizza?

I was seriously dumbfounded. I must have laughed for about 10 minutes after that. So much so that my eyes were watering and my stomach hurt.

She, on the other hand, was wondering what was so stinkin' funny.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Hahaha that is so funny!

Laura said...

Best story I've heard in a long time haha.