Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Monday, February 1, 2010

Mom, I'm Hungry!

Sometimes my kids simply amaze me. It seems as though they are always hungry.

Al-ways!

It never fails ... 10 minutes after we have just finished eating supper, one of them asks me for a banana or a piece of toast. 10 minutes!

"How can you be hungry?" I ask. "We just ate supper 10 minutes ago!"

The typical answer ... "I don't know. I just am."

I don't feed them junk. I could understand if they were eating junk how their bodies would still be craving good food.

Sure, some nights we don't eat the greatest ... like we'll have pancakes or French toast. But that doesn't happen too often.

Most evenings I let them eat a snack about 1/2 hour before bed. I've started letting them know this in advance so I don't have to hear the whining all evening about how they are going to starve to death if I don't let them eat something.

So my question is, what happens to the food they just put into their bodies? Do their digestive tracts work like 100 times faster than mine does? Because I can go to bed hours later and still not be hungry.

Do they truly have hollow legs?

I just don't understand.

:)

No comments: