Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Saturday, February 6, 2010

Holy Snow, Batman!

Wow! We knew we were in for a snowstorm, but the weathermen were estimating 6-10 inches. Do you see what the ruler below shows? 17.25 inches!

I actually measured in a few different places because there was some drifting. There was 13+ inches on Doug's truck, but he cleaned it off sometime last evening, so that's not entirely accurate. A little further into our back yard, my 18-inch ruler was buried by about a 1/2 inch.


Honey, of course, has been loving every minute of being outside. Until she gets too many little snowballs crusted to her paws, then she comes in to thaw.

How cool does my car look? It reminds me of a bad hair day. :)


The trampoline looked like a cheesecake to me.

The swings ... before the kids came along and pushed the snow off.

Nick didn't want his picture taken.

Alex playing in the fort Daddy made for the boys. He said it was too bright, which is why he looks like he is saluting.

Now the sun is shining brightly and the roads are melting. Doug has pretty much finished shoveling the driveway (no, we don't have a plow).

I helped shovel this morning, but I was having more fun playing with the kids and taking pictures. And my left arm was starting to hurt. (That's a lot of snow to shovel!) I'll probably go out and help more this afternoon. Or maybe I'll just take a nap. :)

The temperature is supposed to dip down to 9 degrees tonight which should make things even more interesting.

3 comments:

Laura said...

The snow is crazy! I love it! It's so pretty right now. However I have a feeling we won't be seeing green for WEEKS!

We took the kids out to play for a little bit. We had to sled in the shoveled driveway since the kids would disappear anywhere else haha.

Unknown said...

Laura - I agree! That darn groundhog! :) (No, I don't actually believe the groundhog had anything to do with this.)

The kids' legs are probably going to be sore tomorrow ... tromping through that deep snow. It was a great workout for me though!

Life is 5 Minutes Long said...

Wow! It really is pretty!