Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Friday, January 22, 2010

Just a little OCD

Not to make fun of people who truly have OCD and can't leave their house or anything ... but I'm a little OCD when it comes to hand washing. Okay, I'm a lot OCD when it comes to hand washing. It is one of the easiest ways to prevent spreading germs.

I'm always on my kids' cases to wash their hands. Correctly. Alex(4) has a bad habit of wetting his hands for about 2 seconds and calling them washed. Nuh uh! We talk about using soap, singing the happy birthday song at least once, maybe twice while you wash, rinse, and then drying with the towel, not with our clothes. :)

Okay, having said that ...

Last night while watching Grey's Anatomy or Private Practice (I'm not sure which one) a Honey Nut Cheerios commercial came on. Perhaps you've seen it?

There's a guy in his kitchen throwing all their junk food into a garbage bag. Donuts, cookies, etc. You see him then dragging this big bag of junk food out to the curb. There is a shot of his wife in the kitchen watching him out the window. He says, "I need to lower my cholesterol!" to her.

Once he gets to the curb, he puts the bag there and his mailman walks by handing him the mail and a sample box of Honey Nut Cheerios. He opens the box immediately and starts eating them because everyone knows eating Cheerios lowers your cholesterol. I mean, it says it right there on the box. :)

So he's enjoying his little box of Honey Nut Cheerios and all I can think is ... he just took the garbage out and now he's eating without washing his hands! Eeeeeeuuuuuwwwwww! How gross is that?!

I don't remember how the commercial ended because I was still stuck on the fact that he didn't wash his hands.

Am I the only one who thinks that's gross?


BTW - Nothing against Cheerios ... I'm a big fan, although I prefer Multi-Grain over Honey Nut. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES!! Someone else saw the same thing I did on the Honey Nut Cheerios commercial!!! I can't get past it either.