Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Saturday, December 5, 2009

My baby turned 4 today!

Alexander John was born on 12-5-05 at 5:12 a.m. (12-5 @ 5:12 – cool, huh?). He weighed in at a hefty 9 pounds 3 ounces (and he was 2 weeks early, thank goodness!).



Labor only lasted about 6 hours and he was “caught” by midwife Ann at a midwife center. It was a very peaceful birth. My first (and only) out-of-hospital birth.

Daddy and big sis, Keira, were there to welcome him into the world, while big brother, Nick, and Grammy were playing and watching a movie in the waiting room upstairs and joined us shortly afterwards. (I didn’t want Nick to witness the actual birth). Twelve hours later, we were home.

Today, in honor of his fourth birthday, I thought it would be fun to show a few pictures to show how much he has changed.

1 Year Old – cute baby face!
One of my favorite photos!I stopped at the grocery store and bought a cupcake before going to get his pics taken for his first birthday. This is just one of the cute pics Jane took of him. Love it!
(Photos by Jane at JC Penney Studios)

Age 2 – what a difference a year makes! He looks so grown up!
(Photos by Jane at JC Penney Studios)

This pic was taken by Antiquities in/around October 2007. They dress the kids up and take these old-fashioned portraits of them. Alex didn’t like to sit still for long, so they only got a couple of him before he was done.Alex turns 3! The baby face is gone!



(Photos by Jane at JC Penney Studios)

Preschool photo taken October 2009 by Bonnie Burman - you must check out her website! Her work is remarkable!


Here he is! The four year old!I know this isn't the greatest picture of Alex, but he wasn't cooperating today (surprise!). He actually told me "no more pictures, Mom!" Silly boy!

So that's my short trip down Memory Lane with my baby. How quickly the times goes!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Alex!! He's a cute kid!