Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Jesus' Birthday Celebration

Mary was talking to Joseph.
I had a strange dream she said.
People were celebrating a birthday for our son.
They had been preparing for it for about six weeks.
They had decorated the house and bought new clothing.
They'd gone shopping many times and bought elaborate gifts.
They wrapped them in beautiful paper and tied them with lovely bows and stacked them under a tree.
It was peculiar, though, because the presents weren't for our son.

They decorated the tree also and put an angel on the top.
It was beautiful; and everyone was laughing and happy.
They were all excited about the gifts.
But they were not for our son.
They didn't even mention His name.
They didn't even know Him.
Isn’t it strange for people to go to all that trouble to celebrate someone's birthday if they don't know Him.
I had the feeling that if Jesus would have gone to the celebration he would have been intruding.
How sad for Jesus not to be wanted at His own birthday party!


Will Jesus be invited to your celebration?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Deep thoughts!

This is one of the reasons I don't enjoy the "stuff" of Christmas as much as others. To me a tree is not important and neither is giving gifts. I could skip all the "stuff" because all the "stuff" takes away from what it is truly about. A tree will not bring me closer to God. Lights on the house will no remind me what it's all about. But spending time with my family, reading the Christmas story and giving love to others is what I enjoy about Christmas.