Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Indian Summer

Today is a beautiful day. 70 degrees (or so) and sunny! Most sunshiney! Bright and beautiful!

So Alex and I took Miss Honeybuns outside to play in the leaves this afternoon. I had a little trouble raking up the leaves though, because Miss Buns kept trying to bite the rake. (She does that with brooms also, which is why I run the sweeper on my kitchen and dining room floors. She typically runs from the sweeper.) So I distracted her with a toy and managed to get a good pile of leaves going.
Here are a few pics from our fun ...

My sweet boy!
Oh to be 3 and have no worries in life.

I tried to get in on the fun ... to show that my kids do actually have a mom (even if I'm never in the pictures)! Alex threw the leaves up while I snapped the pic.

Alex running and jumping into the leaf pile. He goes all the way to the top of the little hill and runs as fast as he can. Too cute!

Honey biting at the leaves in mid air. She ate several today. I hope she doesn't get a tummy ache tonight!

This is just a pic of me playing with sun flare. My friend, Laura, was teaching me how. I think this turned out pretty well.

Lastly, since the weather has been warmer the past 2 days, we have been bombarded with lady bugs! Actually, I think they are Asian Lady Beetles since they are not the bright red color of lady bugs. There are only 2 in this picture, but they are all over the outside (and some inside) of our house!



Yikes! I hate bugs! When the weather was cold, we had yellow jackets in the house. Now that it is warm, more bugs! But no yellow jackets, which I guess is good news. :)

Until next time ... God bless!

~Kimberly





3 comments:

Laura said...

Sunnnn flaaaaare! I love sun flare! I'm kind of becoming obsessed with it. We just got in from a walk and then Liza had fire truck day at school and got a little hat so I took her outback to get a few pics and guess what... sun flare in MY OWN BACKYARD!! How excited was I haha. Oh to be 30 and so easily amused! That's me.

I love the pic of you and Alex and all the leaves!

I think I will be good to get back to aerobics on Monday. Gonna rest until then... but I. AM. READY!

f8hasit said...

Fabulous photos of you throwing up.
Leaves, that is!

Thanks so much for stopping by my site and leaving a message. This way I found YOU as well!

Don't ya' love fall?
:-)

Unknown said...

Laura,
I can see why you are so excited about sun flare. It is FUN!

Nancy,
Thanks for the comment and the follow! Welcome! My posts aren't nearly as entertaining as yours, but I'm glad you are here anyway.

I've been lurking on your blog for a couple weeks now. :)