Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, October 11, 2009

106 minutes!

That is how long I was on the phone with my friend, Mary Jane, last night. She sent me an email saying there was a problem with the bulletin board I did for our church's upcoming Missions Conference. So I called her around 10:00 p.m. (right after I read the email) to find out what the problem was. We discussed it ... and about a million other things ... from Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice ... to shopping ... to my kids and her grandkids ... to cancer (she is a survivor!) ... to her volunteer work at the hospital ... to preschool (her grandson goes to the same preschool as Alex) ... the list goes on and on! We laughed and laughed about everything and about nothing.

Finally when I looked at the clock, it was 11:45! Yikes! How time flies when you are having fun! I don't really like talking on the phone that much, but I do enjoy talking to MJ. She is someone who I can bounce ideas off of or tell my faults to and she does not judge me. She has been there, done that. (She is 20 years my senior and has a daughter a few years younger than me.) But over the past 13 years or so, we have developed a friendship. I don't ever remember fighting or bickering with her. We just accept each other ... as friends should.

I'm going to go take a nap now. I'm feeling a little sleep deprived today. :)

Until next time ... God bless!
~Kimberly

2 comments:

kathryn said...

Wow...that friendship sounds like a definite keeper! I love when you find those ppl in your life that never judge...true friends!

Unknown said...

The cool thing about MJ is that we can go weeks without talking because of busy schedules, etc. and then just pick up right where we left off. No hesitation, no awkwardness. Just friends. Love it!

Thanks, Kathryn, for stopping by again!
~Kimberly