Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Not Much

I'm still editing the pictures from Keira's birthday party.  Or should I say, that is still on my "to do" list.  I've been playing around with them in Photoshop Elements 9 (a free trial download).  So I promise to post them soon!


Not much has really been happening around here.  My head is still a bit foggy from this cold.  I did make it to the gym today.  Rode the stationary bike with Laura for about 40 minutes.  Showered and got ready.  Then picked up Alex at Preschool.


There are 15 kids in Alex's class this year, compared to 6 in last year's class.  So last year, we moms got to know each other pretty well.  Just standing outside waiting for school to finish up, you strike up conversations.  There are 4 of us leftover this year and we still talk like we did last year.  However the other moms/grandmothers/dads that have their kids in our preschool aren't the friendliest bunch.  


Not yet anyway.


Maybe they need more time to warm up.  I certainly hope so because it is often uncomfortable standing there with all these people and no one is talking to each other.  One mom almost always has earphones in listening to her MP3 player or something.  Others just stand there staring at their shoes waiting for the door to open so they can get their kid and run.


Today Jody, Jennifer, Amy, and I were talking to another mom whose son went to preschool with Nick.  Her name escapes me right now.  She was very easy to talk to as I remember from a few years back.  We had a funny conversation about how her daughter was throwing a fit about having to wear a blue jacket.  She's the only girl, with 3 brothers, so I imagine even a blue "girl's" jacket was too much for her.


So we each discussed how our kids react to wearing certain things and how the girls are just fussier than the boys most of the time.


We tried to include other moms in on our conversations, but no one seems interested.  It is just strange.  They may smile and answer your question, but that's as far as it goes.  Weird.


We have a field trip to the local fire station on Friday, so we'll see how that goes.  Parents are welcome to stay or not.  I always enjoy the fire station, even though this will be my 4th time there (Nick went 2 times and this will be Alex's 2nd time).  


Then next Friday, we visit a local farm, go on a hayride, and eat lunch together.  That will definitely be interesting.  Or not ... if no one talks to anyone else.  :)


Or maybe that is just the thing we need to break the ice.  I guess we'll see.

No comments: