Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, April 1, 2012

I Clicked it Up a Notch - March

Sorry for three posts in one day!  I'm trying to get caught up from being so far behind lately.  And since the deadline is looming for this one, I thought I'd go ahead and throw it in there tonight.

Anyway, Courtney asked us to pick our favorite photo from March.  Without a doubt this is mine ...
Penguin
The Pittsburgh Zoo was having a Penguin Parade at noon every weekend in February and into March.  I wanted to badly to get there to see it, but Alex had soccer every Saturday morning and Sunday mornings were out of the question because of church.  So on March 10, Alex had a 9 a.m. soccer game, which gave us just enough time to head to the zoo for the parade.  


We managed to get a spot up front near the turn-around spot for the penguins.  That turned out to be a great spot to be because they hung around down there for a few minutes.  It was difficult getting a photo of them because they weren't still for long.  But this guy paused just long enough for me to get this close up.  It was almost like he knew I wanted a photo of a penguin (not behind glass - I've got plenty of those) so badly that he stopped to pose.  :)

Click It Up A Notch

5 comments:

Gina Kleinworth said...

Great choice!!!! Love it!

Serendipityissweet said...

This is great! So cool to see him from this perspective!!

Staci said...

wow, neat perspective!! so so so cool :) great job!

Courtney said...

How cool you were able to see the march of the penguins! I'm sure it was a sight! I love the curious look he is giving you and how his face is shadowed on such a sunny day!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

What a great shot!