Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Sunday, January 22, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 01.22.12

This week's Hunt items are Sunset, Black & White, A Day in My Life, Four, and Colorful.  Here are my interpretations ...

{sunset}

sunset
We didn't have many opportunities for a sunset this week.  In fact, we only had two and neither of them were as vibrant as they can be.  So this is as good as it gets this week.

{black and white}
black-and-white
While shoveling the driveway yesterday morning, I saw this little bird feather swaying in the breeze.  It was already black and white, so no need to convert in processing.  :)

{a day in my life}
a-day-in-my-life
This crazy crew is part of every day in my life.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.

{four}
four
Honey was fascinated with something up in our neighbor's tree branch.  Upon closer inspection, I discovered she was seeing a deserted tree worm nest that was moving in the breeze.  As you can see, she was pretty determined to get to it.  She would sit and look, then bark at it, then jump up even though she had no chance of reaching it (it was about 12 feet in the air).  She can be pretty entertaining sometimes.  :)

{colorful}
colorful
I was playing around photographing Keira's nail polish collection.  I loved how it looked out of focus.  So colorful and all that bokeh.


Be sure to stop over at Ashley's to see more great Scavenger Hunt interpretations!  And to find out her exciting news!


And if you'd like to play along for next week, here is your list ...

  1. Smile (Saun's suggestion)
  2. Stand Alone (Saun's suggestion)
  3. Rusty or Something Old (Saun's suggestion)
  4. Artificial (Terrie's suggestion)
  5. Repeating Pattern (Terrie's suggestion)

Happy Sunday!

38 comments:

Christy said...

I love, love, love your black and white! But since I'm a big dog fan, I like your set of four too.

Anonymous said...

Very enjoyable set! The out of focus nail polish is cool!

Kim Stevens said...

Love you set of four- Honey looks like she's dancing in the last one, and I agree I love the polish out of focus, yummy!

Unknown said...

I love the feather. And that last shot is just brilliant!

Cedar said...

Oh, lovely, lovely set! The BW and colorful are my favorites...really beautiful!

Saun said...

Love your set of four made me giggle.

Susan said...

Great black and white and love your group of four!

Stasha said...

Splendid set, you family is beautiful.

Sara said...

Great set, looks like everyone was having heaps of fun in the snow, love your B&W and gorgeous colourful bokeh!

Kalyan said...

simply beautifully captured shots…lovely!

Emily said...

Oh that lonely feather shot it AH-MAZING. I can't stop looking at it.

Ellie said...

I love your feather shot - so soft and delicate looking. Your family look as if they really enjoy the snow and I really like the pictures of your dog. Very striking with the snow and blue sky.

Tamar SB said...

That sunset and feather are just stunning! Looks like your crew was enjoying the snow!

Rainey said...

So jealous that you got a pretty sunset picture around here! :-)

That feather photo is awesome!

Jill said...

All are fantastic but I really adore the feather shot.

Anonymous said...

Another great set of photos this week. The feather is stunning, but I enjoyed all of the others as well.

Michelle said...

Wonderful series, Kimberly. I love the feather for black and white...the collage for Honey, and that beautiful bokeh in the last shot.

Gina Kleinworth said...

These are so FABULOUS- every single one! Especially love those first 2. WOW

Unknown said...

I have no favorite, I love them all!

Unknown said...

Great shots, I love the set of your dog and the last shot!

4 Lettre Words said...

These are all so perfect, Kimberly! The B&W is my fave. What a fantastic take on the that prompt!

Wendy said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the colorful picture, what a creative way to capture colorful! I also love the four pictures of your dog. We don't have a pet but I love to watch our neighbor's dog as he plays in the yard...they can be very entertaining at times!

Ebony said...

Wow, hard to pick a favourite! Your creativity with the nail polish is admirable. Great shots.

Misty said...

These are terrific! Love B&W!!

Michelle said...

Great shots this week! The sledding looked like so much fun and that sunset shot is gorgeous.

scrapinbabygal said...

Hi. Wonderful captures for this week!! I love the fun capture of your day in the life. And the Honey photos are just awesome!! Dogs always seem to find the most interesting things! My dog has found a few giant slug worms- gross! Have a Happy Sunday!

Unknown said...

your interpretations are fantastic!!!
great photos!
Light Trigger

Ashley Sisk said...

These are all so great - really loving your last two shots.

Melissa said...

Love that last one! Beautiful photos! Miss you! :)

Brianne said...

Love the B&W

Unknown said...

Your dancing dog is hilarious! And your "day in my life" shot is great!

Andrea Dawn said...

What a fabulous feather shot! They are all just great. Love the doggie collage.

Julie said...

Nice pictures, Kim! I think your sunset picture is quite lovely. Great find on the black & white feather! I love your crazy crew and glad to know them too!

Christine E-E said...

isn't it fun looking at everyone's artistic perspective on the five words! Your Black & White picture as well as Colorful are my faves... this is my first-time here, but I'll be back... BTW - thanks for stopping by my blog!

Abi said...

Hey, this is an awesome set! I love every single one :)

Valeria said...

Lovely set. Colorful is great and I love the simplicity on B&W

Gretchen said...

Wonderful set Kimberly!! Love 'em all! No scavenger hunt for me this week... took the week off.

Anne U @ hot coffee mama said...

Beautiful shots, pretty sunset photo.