Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, October 6, 2011

Orange ... Edited

The weather is so gorgeous outside today, I hate to be inside even writing up this blog post.  So I'll be quick about it, k?  Here are my orange photos from Monday ... the edited versions ...

{mouse over to see sooc version}
orange2-edit
On this one some slight increase in exposure, blacks, clarity, and vibrance.  And a little dodging/burning to brighten up his face.  Oh, and I cropped the other lady out of the photo.  Then ran the usual high-pass filter and resized for the web.

{sooc}
orange3-sooc

{edited}
orange3-edit
Can't do the mouse over thing when the photos are different sizes.  :(  Only slight adjustments to this photo also.

{mouse over to see sooc version}
orange1-edit
Lastly, I'd like to thank each of you that left such nice comments on this flower photo.  When I first saw it, I was a little disappointed at the soft focus.  But thanks to Katie Lloyd and all her awesomeness, I'm learning to embrace soft focus.  :)  So I actually only slightly increased clarity and vibrance on this.  I did not run a high pass filter on it because I wanted to keep the softness.  And I was pretty pleased with my sooc shot.

So that's it for me today.  I'm eager to get outside and enjoy the sunshine.  Think I'll kick my feet up and read a little before the chillins get home from school.  Laundry and house work can wait.  :)

To see more great orange edits, head over to Ashley's.  
Good to WOW
Next week's theme is LEAVES.

6 comments:

Ellie said...

Love your orange pictures. Especially the flower.
So envious of your nice weather, wet windy and cold here.

Ashley Sisk said...

Very nicely done - that last shot really is beautiful. And your edit is very subtle.

Gina Kleinworth said...

You should be really proud of these- I love how you made the ones of the boys pop, and then the contrast to the softness in the flower. Really- that flower is incredible!!!!! I would blow it up & have it printed on canvas. You have inspired me to find my own flower & do just that!

Gretchen said...

So glad to see you didn't do much to the flower picture... it was wonderful SOOC!! We've finally got some sun here... and go figure, I've been hanging out inside cleaning. Gotta embrace the cleaning urge when it comes though... =P

Cedar said...

Great edits and photos! That flower is amazing...SOOC and edit!

Unknown said...

Beautiful edits! I love the flower photo for all the reasons you mentioned :o). Thank you for sharing!