Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.


Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter ... Edited

Welcome back to the edit version of the Weekly Shoot & Edit challenge.  This week's theme is Easter.  Here are my SOOC shots followed by their edits.

SOOC
Easter1-SOOC

Edited
Easter1-Edit
Slight adjustments in ACR, cropped, cloned out plant on left, then used Pioneer Woman's Vintage action.  Looking at it again, I may have cloned out the shadows from the church's ceiling lights, but no time today.  :)

SOOC
Easter2-SOOC

Edited
Easter2-Edit
Slight adjustments in ACR, then added textures by Kim Klassen (Life's Good @ 68% opacity and Sweettart @ 50%).

SOOC
Easter3-SOOC

Clean Edit
Easter3-Edit-clean
Just some slight adjustments in ACR then crop.

Textured Edit
Easter3-Edit-textured
I'm kind of on a texture kick this week, so I added Kim Klassen's Love at 40% and Paint the Moon's Timeworn Soft at 70%


I also wanted to share this photo for Texture Thursday (along with the ones above that I added texture to).
Spring bud textured
This is a spring bud with Kim Klassen's Love texture added.  Then I also added my frost picture over top and lowered the opacity.  Then I think I painted the texture off of the bud.



The Daily Wyatt






So that's it for me.  Head over to Ashley's to see more great Easter photos.


My daughter, Keira, and I are leaving this afternoon for Kentucky ... the Creation Museum.  Our church takes the 6th graders on this field trip each year, and since Keira is in 6th grade, we get to go this year!  We've been looking forward to this for some time now.  We will be gone thru Saturday evening, so if I don't get a chance to visit you today, I'll be sure to get caught up this weekend.


Finally, on this holy Easter weekend, I leave you with Words from the prophet Isaiah regarding Jesus' death and resurrection.  I hope it speaks to your heart the way it speaks to mine.


HE IS RISEN!

Isaiah 53

 1 Who has believed our message 

   and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? 

2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot, 
   and like a root out of dry ground. 
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, 
   nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. 

3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, 
   a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. 
Like one from whom people hide their faces 
   he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.


 4 Surely he took up our pain 

   and bore our suffering, 
yet we considered him punished by God, 
   stricken by him, and afflicted. 

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, 
   he was crushed for our iniquities; 
the punishment that brought us peace was on him, 
   and by his wounds we are healed. 

6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray, 
   each of us has turned to our own way; 
and the LORD has laid on him 
   the iniquity of us all.


 7 He was oppressed and afflicted, 

   yet he did not open his mouth; 
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, 
   and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, 
   so he did not open his mouth. 

8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away. 
   Yet who of his generation protested? 
For he was cut off from the land of the living; 
   for the transgression of my people he was punished. 

9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked, 
   and with the rich in his death, 
though he had done no violence, 
   nor was any deceit in his mouth.


 10 Yet it was the LORD’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer, 

   and though the LORD makes his life an offering for sin, 
he will see his offspring and prolong his days, 
   and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand. 

11 After he has suffered, 
   he will see the light of life and be satisfied; 
by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, 
   and he will bear their iniquities. 

12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great, 
   and he will divide the spoils with the strong, 
because he poured out his life unto death, 
   and was numbered with the transgressors. 
For he bore the sin of many, 
   and made intercession for the transgressors.

15 comments:

Lauren said...

Beautiful edits!

mommy to many said...

love each of your edits!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Those crosses couldn't be more perfect! Great job!

Laura said...

I absolutely LOVE that pic of the three crosses! You should blow it up and hang it on your wall.

Unknown said...

your first edit is beautiful - without seeing the original shot, I would have thought it was an outdoor shot, not three crosses on the front of a church - beautiful!

Kristin said...

wow! such great edits and just beautiful captures!! I just LOVE the lily photo... so beautiful!!

SKCPhotos said...

Superb edits. Love the Easter egg one.

Abbie said...

Love the cross edit! Beautiful pictures. :)

leavesnbloom photography said...

OK that Easter shot is just perfect BUT the one thing we want to do as a family is travel to Kentucky from the UK to go to the Creation Museum - I wonder how they are getting on with building the Ark? if you get a chance and blog with some photos about your trip will you let me know?

Ty

Unknown said...

Great Editing and Texture Application!

Ashley Sisk said...

I'm really liking all of your edits - each one has a different mood but it nicely reflects the photo.

jillconyers said...

Great edits. I love how you used the texture on the lily photo.

Bella Skye said...

WOW love the edits!

Cedar said...

These are all lovely! I am particularly fond of the cross edit! Great job!

Tricia said...

They are all wonderful, but I think I like the last one the best.

Have a blessed Easter :)